watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TRANSPORT TIPS TO WOLFSBURG

Started by flirpit, March 21, 2010, 09:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flirpit

Hi guys, I live in Germany about 20mins from Wolfsburg so fantastic draw for me! Here are your flight options:

Ryanair to Hamburg Lubeck - 3hrs train to Wolfsburg

Ryanair to Bremen - 2h30 train to Wolfsburg

Easyjet to Berlin Schonefeld - 2h ICE to Wolfsburg - 4h on slow trains

AirBerlin/BMI to Hannover - 40mins train to Wolfsburg

Train Ticket options;

Trains from Bremen & Hannover -

Niedersachsen Ticket for 28euro which allows 5 people to travel throughout Niedersachsen for a day on anything apart from IC or ICE trains

Trains from Lubeck & Berlin -

Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket is 37euro for 1 person and then 5euro for each additional person up to 5 people, so 57euro for 5 people. Same deal as Niedersachsen ticket in that you can't use IC/ICE trains but can travel throughout Germany on this ticket!

SEE YOU OUT THERE - COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read more: http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/transport-tips-to-wolfsburg?id=3232738%3ATopic%3A95884&page=1#comments#ixzz0inrQElDo
@garthurabbott

KCat

Thank you so much ..........hadn't thought of  Berlin !!!!

There is a guy on here looking for available hotels in Wolfsburg  ???

FatFreddysCat

Hi Flirpit. I'm flying to Hamburg (not lubeck) thursday morning and then getting the train is that easy enough? Also having problems getting a hotel in Wolfsburg and from reading an old Man utd thread i'm looking at stoppinng in Celle, would that be easy enough to get too? obviously would have to get off train (does it stop at Celle coming from Hamburg?) chuck my bags in room and then on to Wolfsburg. And would i be able to get back to Celle in the evening after a few beers? Also is celle any good? Sorry one last thing, if i cant get tickets for the Fulham end, would it be possible to buy a ticket in their stands. A big thanks in advance. Not driving now K cat?

KCat

probably not Fred ...my loving- all - things - Greman -son  had booked a trip to  Maldova two days before we  knew  ( it's the Easter Hols for pesky students  ..)

Might go to Berlin for a few days with a non -football friend ............................that might work !!!

FatFreddysCat

I looked at Berlin, but Hamburg was cheaper, saying that i wish i had booked Berlin because hopefully i'll be visiting Hamburg twice more. May get the ferry next time.

FatFreddysCat

Duh !!!!! i almost forgot the most important thing, how much is a beer?

flirpit

Hey FFC, to be honest I've never been to Celle but I haven't heard it's especially worth a visit - also it's pretty inconvenient I think, to get a train there from Wolfsburg I think you would have to go via Hannover. So in that case I reckon it's best bet to stay in hannover which is on a direct train from Hamburg (maybe 1 change depending on fast/slow trains) There's plenty of hotels there and its only a 30min (fast) or 1hr (slow) train to Wolfsburg.

Wolfsburg is pretty small, there's only 1 Irish pub so i don't know where everyone will drink before the game. I heard when Portsmouth were there a couple of seasons ago they all drank in Hanover then trained over for the game, would have to check with the pubs whether we would be welcome tho because the pubs got smashed up pretty badly I think! Beer in the Irish pubs is 3.80-4.50 slightly cheaper in German places. From my experiences at German football lots of people seem to buy crates of beer and just drink outside the ground/on the way there and have no problem with police, don't know what it is like for european games though.

As for tickets for the home end, I think I'm probably in the same situation. They should be relatively easy to get hold of not on sale yet though! Also I regularly see fans of the away team in home areas and there doesn't seem to be any problems, often they even have flags/scarves etc of their own team! I haven't been to Wolfsburg though and again I don't know about European games! My recommendation would just be go as close to away end as poss or on the sides of the pitch in the posh seats.
@garthurabbott

White Noise

Thanks for coming on and doing that Flirpit - as good as your word.

I'll keep bumping this for the next few days because I know there are others guys who would like to pick your brains.

Cheers again.

FatFreddysCat

Cheers mate, is it easy enough to get to Hanover from Hamburg Airport (not the lubeck one)? . As Whitenoise says please keep having a little look in on here  as i'll definately need some more of your knowledge. And welcome to FOF by the way.

flirpit

Thanks guys! Hamburg airport to Hanover is pretty easy, S-Bahn runs every 10 minutes from the airport taking you to Hamburg Hbf and from there there are direct IC/ICE trains which take about 1hr20mins and will cost about 40euro each way, or if you're in a group you can use the tickets described above and that will take you about 2h20 with 1 change. But don't worry German trains & stations are pretty good with telling you where you're going etc, also on the intercity trains the conductors are all meant to speak english!
@garthurabbott

FatFreddysCat

I've read somewhere that the last train from Wolfsberg to Hanover goes at 11  pm ( i think it was Norfolk Jim) . If the game goes to extra time everyone will be stranded. How do i find out the last train to Hamburg? Cheers.

NorfolkJim

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 24, 2010, 05:33:10 PM
I've read somewhere that the last train from Wolfsberg to Hanover goes at 11  pm ( i think it was Norfolk Jim) . If the game goes to extra time everyone will be stranded. How do i find out the last train to Hamburg? Cheers.

You can look up the online Timetable at Bahn.com

Last train to Hannover goes at 23.17
Last train to Berlin goes 23.18

Convenient, eh? Hire cars all round boys, its the only way unless you have a Wolfsburg Hotel or can stump up for a taxi. How many of those will there be?

NorfolkJim

I'm trying to find out about bus routes in Wolfsburg. I cant find anything online. My hotel is about 4km along the river. Is it safe to walk along the river path late at night? I'd like to get a bus but I cant find out anything about it.

FatFreddysCat

Cheers Jim. What's the name of your hote?l i'll have a quick go at trying to book it.

NorfolkJim

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 24, 2010, 06:05:28 PM
Cheers Jim. What's the name of your hote?l i'll have a quick go at trying to book it.

Hotel Conni. You can find it on Bookings.com and a number of other sites.

FatFreddysCat

Top man Jim, i'll look it up now.  :54:

FatFreddysCat

Nah it's all booked up, looks nice though Jim, good reviews on anouther site. It looks like kipping in a hire car is in order.

flirpit

If you find out which busstop you need then you can use http://www.efa.de/ to check if there are still buses, ort means town; so Wolfsburg and haltestelle means stop. Hope that helps although it's generally fine to walk around at night I have found. Taxi won't be very much for a 4km journey though.
@garthurabbott

NorfolkJim

Very useful thanks - has an English mirror as well.

Taxi would be good but there will be a lot of Fulham fans trying to get them to go back to Hannover. Whats my chances of getting one for a 4km trip when that kind of money is on offer? Is Wolfsburg awash with taxis?

How do you pay on these buses? Cash or do you have to buy a ticket from a machine or something?