watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Re: All rise for Fulham

Started by Count Berbatov, September 28, 2012, 12:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Berbatov

I came across this article some time ago.

Fulham everyone's second favorite team. So very true...
What is it about Fulham FC? I could compare this kind of sympathy if you will, to a real life situation. Imagine you are married, happily, to a wonderful beautiful woman. One day you take her to her favorite restaurant and then, a beautiful woman (in white) enters. Everyone takes notice. Everyone is trying not to be too obvious staring, thinking- "yeah, we'd be great together...". Then everyone goes back to his companion, grateful to have met such beauty, happy to have felt that way...
I'll go kiss my wife now, in case she gets to read this. Luckily for her, the lady in white is actually a bunch of guys chasing a football, a thousands of miles away. My Man United supporter friends will understand...most of them have spotted the lady in white before themselves
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

btings

Hirshey (whose day job is as a book editor and publisher, mostly) has kicked around various places as a columnist the past few years.  I've always found him reasonably entertaining, although he devotes a lot of time to Arsenal for reasons of being a Gunner.  (I think his best stuff may have been written for Deadspin, who let him curse more than some of this more recent stops.)  Lately he's taken up residence at the revamped ESPNFC; his latest is here:
  http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/kickingandscreaming/id/104?cc=5901