watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Re: Burak Yılmaz

Started by White Noise, May 08, 2012, 10:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.squeakybumtime.com/premiership/5992/fulham-yilmaz-striker-trabzonspor/

Fulham eyeing up devastating Turkish talent

12 hours ago by Tom Sunderland

In a deal that could depend greatly on whether or not the club manage to sign Pavel Pogrebnyak on a long-term deal or not, Fulham are understood to be looking at Trabzonspor striker, Burak Yilmaz, with a view to a summer deal.

As things stand, Pogrebnyak's deal at Craven Cottage runs out at the end of the season but after showing early glimpses of incredibly prolific form, Martin Jol will be striving to hang onto the forward, aptly nicknamed 'Death From Above'.

Yilmaz has made a massive impact in the Süper Lig this campaign, scoring an incredible 34 goals as well as making nine assists in the process.

The 26 year-old showed huge improvement in the 2010-11 season and displayed the potential for being a 20-goal-a-season striker but has gone more than one better this year, almost doubling that tally.

In just over ninety appearances for the Turkish outfit, Yilmaz has now netted on 58 occasions and will be hoping to translate that kind of form into the humdrum life of the Premier League.

The Cottagers are set to let go of forward Andy Johnson at the end of the season and Jol has conceded that some of his bigger stars such as Clint Dempsey and Moussa Dembelé may be on the move after attracting a host of European attention during this season's exploits.

As a result, reinforcements will certainly be needed if the club are to build on this year's impressive top half finish.

While Trabzonspor may not want to let go of their hitman, his prolific scoring rate means they may not have a choice in the matter come July and be forced into selling Yilmaz, currently valued at £11m.

Sevilla and Newcastle United are just two other sides thought to be interested in acquiring Yilmaz's signature.

White Noise

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=2994

Borussia Dortmund linked with Burak Yilmaz

2012-06-01 03:31:59

Borussia Dortmund are the latest club to be linked with prolific Trabzonspor striker Burak Yilmaz.

Yilmaz netted 35 times in 41 games this season and his modest €5 million release clause has attracted the attention of major clubs across Europe.

The 26 year old Turkish international has been in sensational form for Trabzonspor over the past two seasons. He guided the Black Sea giants to pole position in the league last year scoring 19 times, only to lose out on winning the championship to Fenerbahce on goal difference.

Yilmaz broke the clubs all time scoring record in the league this season with an impressive 33 goals and 9 assists, scoring 51% of Trabzonspor's 65 goals.

The Turkish Goal King possesses an impressive mix of pace, shoulder strength and off the ball ability.

Weighing 88kg and 188cm tall he uses his strength well in one on one situations, makes intelligent forward runs and is an uncanny ability of creating space. He holds the ball up well, takes an impressive free kick and has been carrying an otherwise poor attacking team on his back this season.

The Bundesliga Champions will face competition from, Juventus, Lazio, Fulham and Galatasaray. Yilmaz is currently training with the Turkish national team in Portugal and is not expected to make a decision until after he returns.

Walsh

jesus christ, everybody seems to be after him.

Andy_M

Quote from: Walsh on June 01, 2012, 02:59:21 PM
jesus christ, everybody seems to be after him.

plus one certainly seems that way!
@got_maile

FatFreddysCat

I'd imagine he'd go to a German club given the choice, the country is full of Turks who think they rule the gaff. The odd one is greatly mistaken  :015:  :028:

MrWhite

Quote from: Jack Fulham on April 11, 2012, 05:35:33 PM
I don't think Arsenal can offer him first team football though if RVP is in the mix but they will probably need him as Chamakh is leaving this summer. Salary wise, Arsenal don't like paying much so we may be able to compete with them on that basis and with the lure of first team football. They always have the lure of CL though if they qualify.

haven't they already signed podolski and giroud from montpellier ?

cmg

Quote from: twang on June 15, 2012, 11:47:25 AM
Trabzonspor's chairman Sadri Sener has revealed that Lazio, Spurs and Fulham are still in the running for Yilmaz, after the striker turned down a move to Galatasaray.

Would this be the same Sadri Sener, at all, who previously issued the following categorical statement...?

Quote from: White Noise on April 03, 2012, 08:12:44 AM

But Trabzonspor president Sadri Sener is adamant the club will do everything to keep him and they will not consider any sizeable offers at the end of the season.

Sener, speaking on Turkish TV, said: "We are not negotiating his transfer to any club. He is our player and will not leave here."

I've got it. My fluent Turkish is coming  back to me.  Sadri = Harry
                                                                           Sener = Redknapp

Walsh

I really want us to give this guy a shot! I so hope we get him!

ElissonSnygg

Me too!  He's very underrated.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

White Noise

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/club_confirm_tottenham_and_fulham_interested_in_star_striker_1_1412938

Club confirm Tottenham and Fulham interested in star striker

Saturday, June 16, 2012

6:49 PM

Turkish club Trabzonspor have confirmed that Tottenham and Fulham are interested in signing Burak Yilmaz.

President Sadrri Sener revealed that he would not sell the Super Lig top scorer to another Turkish club and a move to England could be on the cards, with Lazio also interested.

"He wants to play in Europe. Lazio, Tottenham and Fulham are interested in him," the official said.

"We'll wait and see how the story will end."

Mr Fulham

Yilmaz to Lazio all but done. Deal until 2017 plus option for another year, will get 40k/week.

6.5m fee.