https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why are we Scapegoating?

Started by os5889, March 25, 2010, 10:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: finnster01 on March 26, 2010, 10:38:23 PM
Quote from: richie17 on March 26, 2010, 10:33:43 PM
can't remember, worked it out earlier in the season when everyone was on Greening's case.   Probably up to January or so.  Craven Cottage Newsround you see, worth a look!

Finnster, at that point Etuhu was playing forward passes 61% of the time and was doing it quite well.   So again, you're ducking any meaningful discussion with throwaway comments that don't stack up.
If we were doing so well, we would still be in the FA Cup and I would be going to Wembley.

Etuhu is a moderate player with no forward progress on his mind and gets too many yellow cards. I have eyes you know. I don't need your spreadsheets nor your disrespectful comments to figure that out son.

Wait a minute! I thought it was all Kelly's fault.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

I am genuinely sorry Mr Hatter,

but I care a lot for Fulham, have done all my life,  and sometimes get a bit over emotional. So ignore my rants.

However, Etuhu and Kelly both can go into the glue pot if it was up to me.

But it isn't.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

Quote from: finnster01 on March 27, 2010, 12:26:19 AM
I am genuinely sorry Mr Hatter,

but I care a lot for Fulham, have done all my life,  and sometimes get a bit over emotional. So ignore my rants.

However, Etuhu and Kelly both can go into the glue pot if it was up to me.

But it isn't.

Not to worry, Mr. Finn. I was seriously gutted by the loss to 'arry's lot. As I said on timmyg's podcast today, I'm one of the few old-school American followers of the game. When I first started watching football, the FA Cup was bigger than the league championship. My biggest ambition for the season was to do well in the Cup, and when we drew Spuds at home, I thought we were through to the semis. When we drew and then Pompey's name came out of the bin I allowed my passion to get the better of my logic. I could see us at the final with the whole world watching Danny lead the lads out.

Wednesday's first half convinced me that I wasn't insane and that we really were "on our way to Wembley." When it all went south in a five-minute stretch, I was shattered. I looked around for somebody I could blame, but eventually I settled on blaming myself. Everyone out there did the best they could. Nobody quit. The truth was that we shouldn't have allowed ourselves to count on a result at White Hart Lane; we should have beaten them on our patch.

I'm still saddened -- primarily because I know we can't count on that series of FA Cup draws again. I'm 63 and I fully expect that I won't see us 90 minutes from Wembley again. I'm also saddened because I feel a kinship with the other "oldies" on the site -- Mr. Hat, Mr. Peabody, etc. -- who probably would also trade any European success for a Wembley final.

So, yeah; I know where your need to strike out comes from. It ain't easy being Fulham, but it's all either of us want to be.

Now lets kick the living poo out of Hull tomorrow and smile when we do it.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

richie17

Quote from: finnster01 on March 26, 2010, 10:38:23 PM
Quote from: richie17 on March 26, 2010, 10:33:43 PM
can't remember, worked it out earlier in the season when everyone was on Greening's case.   Probably up to January or so.  Craven Cottage Newsround you see, worth a look!

Finnster, at that point Etuhu was playing forward passes 61% of the time and was doing it quite well.   So again, you're ducking any meaningful discussion with throwaway comments that don't stack up.
If we were doing so well, we would still be in the FA Cup and I would be going to Wembley.

Etuhu is a moderate player with no forward progress on his mind and gets too many yellow cards. I have eyes you know. I don't need your spreadsheets nor your disrespectful comments to figure that out son.

Yes, he is a moderate player, but there's nothing wrong with that.  If we had a team of above average players we'd be Villa or Spurs or Liverpool.    He has limitations, and range of passing is one of them, but he gets over that by playing very safely and rarely giving the ball away.   I suspect this is what Roy asks him to do, and therefore why Roy keeps on picking him.

I'm just sticking up for him - people say his passing is woeful, when it really isn't bad (as evidenced by the spreadsheet above - if he was woeful he'd give the ball away more than his teammates, not less).

And you said you didn't mind me singling you out  :dft012:

CorkCity

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

os5889

Quote from: CorkCity on March 27, 2010, 10:43:11 AM
Etuhu , he's crap !

I like it corky, could be a catchy song as he rather needs one, to what tune, maybe the al fayed tune..

Etuuuuuhu , he's crap !
Etuuuuuhu , he's crap !
We think he's really poo!
Send him to the Championship!
Etuuuuuhu Oh Nooo
Etuuuuuhu Oh Nooo