watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Diomansy Kamara Set To Return To Fulham

Started by White Noise, March 27, 2010, 06:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/celtic/diomansy-kamara-set-to-return-to-fulham-1.1016367

Diomansy Kamara set to return to Fulham

David Friel

Published on 27 Mar 2010

Diomansy Kamara will snub any permanent contract offer from Celtic after Tony Mowbray's departure as manager, the player's former agent has said.

The Senegalese striker, sidelined with a hamstring injury, joined on loan from Fulham in January, having previously worked under Mowbray at West Bromwich Albion.

Kamara scored twice in his first four games for the Parkhead side and Mowbray was keen to tie him down on a long-term deal.

But Fabrizio Ferrari, who represented Kamara for 10 years and brokered his £6m move to Craven Cottage, says Celtic now have no chance of keeping the 29-year-old.

Ferrari said: "Tony Mowbray was the reason Diomansy signed for Celtic. They worked well together at West Brom and he wanted to play for him again.

"It's very sad what happened with Tony and it will have a big impact on Diomansy's future. He will be very disappointed.

"I can't see him staying at Celtic now. He will probably wait until the end of the season and then go back to Fulham.

"Long-term, I don't know what the future will be for Diomansy. He will speak to Fulham and make a decision, but I don't expect him to be at Celtic next season."

Kamara is one of four players Celtic have on loan and all could leave at the end of the season.

Robbie Keane is on record as saying he will return to Tottenham, while Edson Braafheid has been unconvincing since arriving from Bayern Munich and is expected go back to Germany.

Celtic have an option to make Landry N'Guemo's move from AS Nancy permanent, but it remains to be seen whether Neil Lennon, or any other incoming manager, will view the midfielder as a long-term answer.