Marco Streller Turns Down Fulham Move

Started by White Noise, January 27, 2010, 02:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/706846/STRELLER-SNUBS-FULHAM-OFFER.html

STRELLER SNUBS FULHAM OFFER

Midfielder eyes Palermo move

By Adam Marshall, 27/01/2010

MARCO STRELLER has turned down a move to Fulham.

Roy Hodgson was keen to land the Basel striker but only on a loan basis with a view to a permanent deal.

The timing was not right for the Switzerland international, 28, who wants to at least see out the season with his current club.

"I decided very quickly not to move to Fulham," he explained.

"And Basel also expressed very quickly that they did not want me to go.

"I'm glad because we have a great team and a coach who plays attacking football. And we have big goals."

Fulham lost 2-0 at Tottenham on Tuesday and Hodgson could be doing some more business before next Monday's deadline.

One player heading for the exit door is 19-year-old Luca Mosciatello.

The midfielder is hoping to earn a move to Palermo.

"Who could say no to Palermo?" he asked. "I'd like to return to Italy.

"I will ask my agent if Palermo are really interested because I'd be happy."

RidgeRider

This is the moment where you begin to wonder, with our current run of form, if players start to become less interested in getting on board a ship in a storm.

LBNo11

...good players come to clubs that are doing well, yes I know we are 9th (but the points clearance buffer is diminishing), I know we are in Europe and the FA cup, but people can see that these are soon to be treated as unwelcome distractions compared to keeping in the premiership. We still have too many players who are brought in as squad players expecting to immediately 'get' Mr Hodgson's style of play rather than compete for quality. It is a vicious circle.

We need another good season, to be in the FA and Europe to attract more players - but we don't offer the money that they want or that will attract the players to do that, neither do we have the gate receipts or crowd capacity to afford them.

Perhaps we should just 'know our place' and forever doff our caps to the 'big' teams, and try to get good squad players to work as a team and hopefully not get injured...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC