watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK We're not Happy but Neither is Roy

Started by TonyGilroy, March 27, 2010, 07:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Listen to his BBC interview. He's about as angry in interview as I can remember. In particular he is clearly unhappy that his squad players, when given a chance, didn't take it.

Obviously the Europa League is now the priority but I sense that IF Roy stays next season he'll require significant funds to inject extra quality.

It's not irrelevant that we've played more games than any other team but if the fringe players who haven't played that many games can't step up they're barely worth having at the club.

I watched on line and you could argue that we made two mistakes and had chances blocked on the line but the fact is that we didn't look as good a team as Hull.

Roy will take message board flack but the good news is that he's not satisfied.

Tom

Why would he be happy, is this a shock or something?
Fulham for life!

LBNo11

...Tom, I think what Tony is pointing out is that Mr Hodgson is normally upbeat about games that many of us feel were disappointing, he tends to find positives on a blingo scale!

We have played more games than ANY other team in the premiership this season, and with a small squad to choose from; so it is particularly annoying when the players that have been on the fringes of the first team squad, and who should be standing up to be counted, let the side down so spectacularly.

Before this game I posted that I hoped we would rest a few of the first team squad who are looking jaded, and give the reserves a chance to show us what they can do - we have seen the result, and so with limited finances for a few new faces before next season I can understand Mr Hodgson's frustration...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

os5889

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 27, 2010, 08:14:18 PM
...Tom, I think what Tony is pointing out is that Mr Hodgson is normally upbeat about games that many of us feel were disappointing, he tends to find positives on a blingo scale!

We have played more games than ANY other team in the premiership this season, and with a small squad to choose from; so it is particularly annoying when the players that have been on the fringes of the first team squad, and who should be standing up to be counted, let the side down so spectacularly.

Before this game I posted that I hoped we would rest a few of the first team squad who are looking jaded, and give the reserves a chance to show us what they can do - we have seen the result, and so with limited finances for a few new faces before next season I can understand Mr Hodgson's frustration...

I second your view Mr Ed, I'm sure many a Fulham fan feels let down by the promise remaining unfulfilled from our fringe players, Riise, Dikgacoi, Greening, Okaka really need to step up or sod off!

jarv

The game is on tv in usa right now. Woeful, woeful stuff. Riise needs to go, Dickachoi no better and the sooner smalling goes to manchester the better. He looks like the non league player he was.

Several players had the opportunity, against the worst team in the division, to just do a  professional job. It is as clear as can be why Fulham are one of the worst away teams. The players body language says it all......THEY JUST DON'T BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES.

For all you folks who travel away, my heart bleeds for you. This is painful.

Tom

Quote from: jarv on March 27, 2010, 11:28:32 PM
The game is on tv in usa right now. Woeful, woeful stuff. Riise needs to go, Dickachoi no better and the sooner smalling goes to manchester the better. He looks like the non league player he was.

I just watched the game again and Smalling sucked! He had his arm around Altidore and dragged him down. It was a penalty. I am glad Smalling is off to Man U. for 10 million. We are getting the way better end of that deal! Smalling doesn't impress me at all. Altidore is a great up and coming player. I would take Altidore over Smalling any day of the week.
Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

Not sure Roy made enough of the woeful performance. I remember Alec Stock publicly laying into his players after a lack lustre away performance. Not sure Roy was cross enough.He had a go at Dowie for suggesting that Smalling should have been sent off FOR THE PENALTY.

Having slept and looked back at the game I don't think I have ever been so down after a defeat in recent years. It was not just the lack of forwards with two on the bench but the whole game. The Ref booking playings when clearly they were victims of a cheat, not  a very good one at that but clearly good enough. But even if he thought the fouls were genuine, they were not bookable offences. Dowie suggesting that every miss timed tackle in the area be punished by a sending off as well as a penalty. Lastly of coarse our players performance. I have wanted to see more of KD and Riise and yet they just were poor. Smalling remains a player ho has already left us and is frankly verging on the hopeless.

People rightly have a go at my depressing outlook. But even I am stunned just how bad everything about the game yesterday was. Juventus and the first half at Spuds prove we have not lost all form. If February was great then March has been terrible with a flash or two, which makes the poor form even worse.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

I don't think it ever helps for a manager to be too critical publicly of his players but Roy sounds genuinely fed up and frustrated and he usually is much more circumspect.

What hasn't been mentioned is the possibility that he's tired. He may not play the games but he's twice the players age and has all the coaching and planning to deal with.

How much attention can he give Wigan with Wolfsburg on Thursday?

We've played 22 cup games, Hull have probably only played 3or 4. At this stage of the season it must catch up.

FulhamGK

The only positive I saw in this game... is going to get me into trouble around here...

Atleast Altidore looked good  :007:
Don't mess with Texas!

LBNo11

Quote from: FulhamGK on March 30, 2010, 08:34:33 PM
The only positive I saw in this game... is going to get me into trouble around here...

Atleast Altidore looked good  :007:

...his new sponsor 'Speedo' is extending his contract already.. :030:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC