watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I can't even begin to explain how much I want these to go down

Started by Jambo, May 04, 2012, 12:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

asses, but so are our fans on the official. qpr fans and fulham ones are of the same breed really.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Yes,  they DO have a certain kind of zealot support,  they always had and if memory serves,their terraces were funnier than ours  ............................... but that is all they have.    
We are 10/12 years away from them and they are going down !!!!

HatterDon

So we play United on a Monday and Livrpool on a Tuesday and they're surprised at the "lack of support?" Folks gotta do work. I understand why the Liverpool match was on a Tuesday, but the United match?

I don't know how many times I've said this, but every Monday night matches should be a local derby. When they involve teams from different ends of the country they create an additional advantage to the home side.

And you are correct, Mr. Hopper. They do remind me of the average gent on the offal.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SKSW6

http://lockerz.com/s/205799933

"I was at Sunderland and we were not less than 2,000"

Tried to upload the photo but it said the file was too big.

mrska

They average 15,ooo at home.... and thats with away fans.... We average 25,600.. with Tourists as they'd have you believe..

Our away support isnt what it was  my winning 29 games in 10 years has something to do with that..  but our away support used to strong.

Love the way they call us Foolham...   just so  pathetic always makes me laugh for some reason.....

Showed them up left right and center at Loftus Road..  think they're still smarting from that!

BalDrick

It's sort of like one of those old comedians starting a routine with 'take my mother-in-law...please' isn't it? When all else fails, convince each other that you've got a far stronger away following than a more successful neighbour who put 7 past you this season, unanswered.

We DO have a poor away following on occasion, there's no getting away from that, and the novelty factor mentioned in their thread is only one reason, not the main reason. Unfortunately I've got better things to do all day than discuss how a chicken could have arrived without there being an egg in the first place, or how there could have been an egg before there was a chicken (it's called evolution!), but I'm convinced there is a connection between the fact we bring so few away and we generally are pretty poor points-wise away. Just as there's a connection the other way, in that we bring so few away because we so rarely win away. (Spurs game is sold out by all accounts, in what is a nothing game for us. Will they sell out Easylands I wonder? Or will there be some Citeh in there to see them become champions? {Actually think Citeh will lose to Newcastle but that's a tangent too far.})
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Fletchino

The post that really makes laugh on there is about when they threatened to pull out of the FA cup I had not realised they didn't and have been competing for the 120 odd years

Holders

It's important for Fulham that they go down, it's bad enough having the competition for fans from the lot the other way. Not only that but there's the Hughes and BZ factors. I can't agree with those who want them to stay up just for another local derby - we have Reading and Soton to look forward to.

I've done the BBC predictor a few times, to begin with they stayed up, but lately they go down by 1 or 2 points so I have hope even though their GD is better than Bolton's.

As for us not taking many to away games - it isn't cheap, is it? The ticket price and the travel not to mention the cost of time off work. Get real. And the support? Well, we've always had the humour, they tended to have vocal young support. In the days when you could go in any part of the ground, I have to admit they really made the loft rock. But we have to stamp our ascendancy on them and for that reason, for me, it's more important them going down than us getting any more points, given the choice.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BalDrick

'I've done the BBC predictor a few times, to begin with they stayed up, but lately they go down by 1 or 2 points so I have hope even though their GD is better than Bolton's.'

Thing is with the predictor thing - particularly with just 2 games to go - it's so hard to be impartial. Obviously you never know in a 2-horse race but you'd have to assume they'll get nothing from the Citeh game bar a hole in the GD column. So if Bolton can win one, draw one, they'll be fine.

Holders

I really try to err on the pessimistic side rather than the other. It's just that, using the same mindset, I now get a better result than I did a couple of weeks ago. Stoke are the key.

BalDrick

West Brom - soon to be without a manager - are the key for me.

Actually, taking the home/away factor out of the equation - which you can't really do I suppose - Stoke are the key because both teams play them. So ignoring the h/a factor, each team's other game is the leveller - away to Citeh (couldn't really get much harder than that) or home to West Brom.

You can go round and round in circles on this one can't you? I have a feeling Citeh might f**k up this weekend at Newcastle, just to throw another spanner in the works.

Even the bookies aren't sure - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Holders

I'm presuming that Man C will still be in contention to the wire so am taking them beating QPR as a given. Bolton have to be up for it against West Brom and, as you say, that match is crucial to them notwithstanding how well the Baggies have been playing of late (and eyes will be on Roy so he'll be wanting to win well). It should be a cracking game. We find Stoke a difficult nut to crack, teams with other (perhaps more direct, less footballing) styles don't seem to have quite the same trouble. I'm hoping that will work in Bolton's favour.

AlFayedsChequebook

I laugh every time I see a thread about Fulham.

QPR have been an irrelevant team for the last 10 years, whilst Fulham have been firmly in the nations mind and have become a premier league midtable mainstay.

The funniest thing is the fans this Fernandes will continue to splash the cash and Hughes will take them high up the table. Whilst they might have some short term success, the fact is in the long term 1) Fernandes cannot afford/financial fair play means QPR cannot outspend teams like Fulham 2) Any moderate success that Hughes has will see him looking for a big job asap, especially with Joorabchian as his advisor.

Prediction - If QPR stay up, they might have a season or two of doing well, but they have no adequate long term plan and will be relegated before Fulham.

The Equalizer

Bickering about the differences between us taking a couple of hundred to Liverpool on a monday night and them taking their entire ground to Sunderland.

I'd love to see them rustle up 30,000+ supporters for a trip to Hamburg...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Rupert

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 04, 2012, 10:34:25 AM
Bickering about the differences between us taking a couple of hundred to Liverpool on a monday night and them taking their entire ground to Sunderland.

I'd love to see them rustle up 30,000+ supporters for a trip to Hamburg...

Give them ten years in the Premiership, a seventh place finish and a successful Europa campaign and you might.
But, that's the point, we have had ten plus years in this division, finished seventh, clobbered some of Europe's finest, and they have not and, frankly, are highly unlikely ever to. No wonder they are bitter.

In a way it is tragic, seeing them flay at us like this. Some of them are clearly decent supporters, can see the good and the bad in both their own and other teams, yet as you see from that thread, any voice of reason gets shot down as a non-Rangers fan.

I have to admit browsing a Brentford board during our Europa run. If you think the bitter hoops are bad, those poor beggars were almost suicidal when we came back to beat Juventus, and it only got worse for them in the next couple of rounds...
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

EJL

How can they actually pass 'Paedoham' off as a play on words? Doesn't the 'joke' have to have some sort of resemblance to the original word? Also the fact they described QPR as the sports car equivalent of a football club made me laugh. And how on earth can they be saying that MAF doesn't see the long term potential of Fulham, when his son has been readied to take over? They're all a joke. Hope they go bust.  :dft007: :dft007:

YankeeJim

Is Matty Ranger the one dating that Liverpool chick that Finny posted?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

domprague

They couldn't sell out at home to Chelsea. If you can't do that then i don't care how many you take away.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.