watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Holt for England

Started by Bassey the warrior, May 05, 2012, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

He has to go. Certainly deserves it more than Zamora or Crouch.

finnster01

Agree. He just put Norwich in the lead at the Emirates. 1-2 now
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

twang

Hope not as he's actually good.

Come on Roy, bring good old Bobby no goals instead!

Bassey the warrior

I would be surprised if Roy overlooked him. He's just the kind of player Roy likes: hard working, good link up player and pretty decent technical ability. On form he is the clear favourite.

Bassey the warrior

Should get a run out in a friendly to see if he can handle the pressure.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

In my opinion, I can see him (and Norwich) being a one season wonder. One season in the Premier League shouldn't take him to the Euro's, it's illogical, in my opinion. I take your point about him being Roy's kind of player, but we hand out caps too freely these days, look at Frazier Campbell, look at Kevin Davies, I don't want one cap wonders, we have got to be sure about the players we choose and I am sure that Roy feels the same.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on May 05, 2012, 03:36:06 PM
In my opinion, I can see him (and Norwich) being a one season wonder. One season in the Premier League shouldn't take him to the Euro's, it's illogical, in my opinion. I take your point about him being Roy's kind of player, but we hand out caps too freely these days, look at Frazier Campbell, look at Kevin Davies, I don't want one cap wonders, we have got to be sure about the players we choose and I am sure that Roy feels the same.
He's in form so why not. If he impresses in both friendlies I don't see the problem.

HatterDon

I know this may be considered heresy, but the work he's done both for Fulham and for QPR this season should be enough to earn Zamora a EURO 2012 slot. Holt? Not so much.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cebu

Quote from: HatterDon on May 08, 2012, 01:42:18 PM
I know this may be considered heresy, but the work he's done both for Fulham and for QPR this season should be enough to earn Zamora a EURO 2012 slot. Holt? Not so much.

I think Hodgson will look at this option more dispassionately than some of the members of this board.   :dft012:

EJL

I actually wouldn't mind Carroll ... If he can turn into Messi a few times like he did against Chelsea then England could be on to a winner  :011: Zamora doesn't deserve to be picked for the national team whatsoever based off his performances for QPR.

leonffc

If Roy picks Holt the press will slaughter him (Roy). For no other reason than they just will!! That will put a lot of pressure on Holt to perform which could affect him, allowing the press more rope to hang Roy.
Lose lose situation!!
Get the Euros out the way with Rooney (I say begrudgingly) and a few youngsters - they'll cut him some slack with them, and see how Holt performs next season. Then Roy will have more time to look at him

Bassey the warrior

Hopefully Bent will be back. I don't want to see any of Crouch, Zamora or Carroll playing.

leonffc

Quote from: The Moose on May 08, 2012, 09:15:16 PM
Hopefully Bent will be back. I don't want to see any of Crouch, Zamora or Carroll playing.

Leave it out!! I would take any of those three and Holt over Bent.

Legate21

Quote from: leonffc on May 08, 2012, 09:17:29 PM
Quote from: The Moose on May 08, 2012, 09:15:16 PM

Leave it out!! I would take any of those three and Holt over Bent.

Bent has to be the most overrated player in the history of the Premier League.

MJG

Crouch, Zamora, Holt or Carroll , if Roy is going to take a No9 then i Would go with Carroll, he's the one in form and causes trouble.
The trouble with having one of these players on the pitch for England is that the other ten seem to think that they have to revert to hitting long balls all the time and that wins you feck all at international level.

dishEJtheRock!

I havent actually seen him play all that much. If i were to go based on the highlights ive seen of him putting them away this season the obvious answer would be of course, but even Eddie Johnson has a highlight reel.

Based on the last couple of weeks I would say Carroll. Usually hes a load of garbage but he was easily the best player when liverpool played us and i thought he was pretty good in the cup final.

Crouch has pretty good scoring record for England though? or am i thinking of someone else

os5889

Holt, Carroll, Rooney, Bent (if he is fit, the Villa seem to think he will be) and Wellbeck would be the 5 strikers I would take.

If Bent is not fit the Sturridge would be next in the queue.

Don't think Zamora and Crouch have done enough to justify a call up.

ScalleysDad

Its a shocking indictment of the Prem though when the likes of Carrol, Holt and Bent lead the list to lead the line. No Lineker, Shearer or Owen in sight. Keepers are the same and if it was'nt for Hart we would be struggling for a world class custodian ...... as they would say in Viz.

os5889

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 08, 2012, 10:06:31 PM
Its a shocking indictment of the Prem though when the likes of Carrol, Holt and Bent lead the list to lead the line. No Lineker, Shearer or Owen in sight. Keepers are the same and if it was'nt for Hart we would be struggling for a world class custodian ...... as they would say in Viz.

Try being welsh, we have 2 decent players and Shawcross' leftovers