watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Roma won't make CL

Started by finnster01, May 06, 2012, 12:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Mathematically impossible for them to make 4th spot.

That should rule out Demps going there.  :yay:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ElissonSnygg

Yeah I thought about that too. I think it was a huge possibility that he was going there if they were about to play Champions League next season,  glad they are not.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Bassey the warrior

Hate to be cynical but I don't think we can assume Dempsey won't leave if a team isn't in the CL. He might leave if he thinks they would qualify for it next season.
I hope I'm wrong but I think he'll find it hard to turn down the big clubs.
One thing that's extra annoying is that he's getting all this pressure from the media in America to make the move.

Mr Fulham

I don't think he would've moved to Italy, personally I think Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle are bigger threats.

Italy and Germany are non-starters IMHO.

HatterDon

Dempsey was never going to Roma. He's been automatically linked with European clubs owned by Americans.

I think the next time The Deuce plays at Craven Cottage, he'll be wearing a little cannon on his red shirt.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

I do believe that Arsenal are the most likely English club. But, will Arsenal still be in a spending mode after signing mood after Podolski and M'vila, especially if they're able to hang on to RVP? Would definitely be unlikely if they're able to convince Vertonghen as well, no?

Demps ticks their skill and creativity boxes. He also gives them a certain toughness that I personally believe they lack. But, they seem to be spending bigger money on younger players than Clint.

I don't think Tottenham are all that interested and I don't believe Clint will be leaving London for English city - mostly because the Manchesters won't come calling.

Personally, I believe Roma are a real possibility to take Clint. I've come around to believing that they are sincere in their desire to have a high profile American player. I just think Clint may be second choice behind Michael Bradley who is tailor made for that league - no question.

For me, the CL type clubs in England are too busy looking for "the next big thing" type of young player. Those in same type clubs in Italy - and I include Roma in that group traditionally - are less age averse.

Ultimately, I think he's going Italian,.....if he goes.

I really don't want to see Clint coming from the other direction twice a season. It'd be too painful to see him shooting on a Fulham goal.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

finnster01

I can see him go to PSG actually. Americans like Paris, especially the WAG's, and he should be getting CL football every year
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Ordar

PSG would be my guess aswell.

Cant see him fitting in at Spurs, (plus we'll cost them a CL place on Sunday) Would Wenger or Ferguson go for him? I'm not sure. He could get into either side

mccscratch

Quote from: Ordar on May 08, 2012, 03:41:17 PM
PSG would be my guess aswell.

Cant see him fitting in at Spurs, (plus we'll cost them a CL place on Sunday) Would Wenger or Ferguson go for him? I'm not sure. He could get into either side

Just checking on your punctuation on that statement above.... was that meant to be a period after I'm not sure and capitalization of He.... or meant not to be and fat fingered on a mobile phone as it really changes the statement...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

ImperialWhite

He'd probably fit into PSG quite well. They have three top attacking midfielders in Nene, Pastore, Menez but if they want to challenge in Europe (guaranteed Champions League football now) and in Ligue 1 they could probably do with him. Actually Menez and Dempsey have the same grumpy demeanour, they're probably brothers.

(plus Menez is always falling over too  :hook:)

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 08, 2012, 04:44:51 PM
He'd probably fit into PSG quite well. They have three top attacking midfielders in Nene, Pastore, Menez but if they want to challenge in Europe (guaranteed Champions League football now) and in Ligue 1 they could probably do with him. Actually Menez and Dempsey have the same grumpy demeanour, they're probably brothers.

(plus Menez is always falling over too  :hook:)

vs

VicHalomsLovechild

Wherever he goes (if he goes) I really hope he does well and wins something. Being there when he scored against Juve was one of my best Fulham memories. So thanks Clint, whatever you do is ok by me!

zander

Quote from: finnster01 on May 08, 2012, 03:29:19 PM
I can see him go to PSG actually. Americans like Paris, especially the WAG's, and he should be getting CL football every year

I can see that too finnster. The only other club in Europe I have a suspicion about is Malaga don't know why and they look very certain to wrap up fourth this weekend.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: zander on May 08, 2012, 05:52:21 PM

I can see that too finnster. The only other club in Europe I have a suspicion about is Malaga don't know why and they look very certain to wrap up fourth this weekend.

they've recently become big spenders also, correct?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ScalleysDad

If the collective royal we are correct in assuming PSG then I am going to listen to the podgy bloke on the train more intenetly as he said this a while ago. Sounded convinced but I thought "Nah".
First game of next season "Six numbers please you podgy little oracle"

ImperialWhite

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 08, 2012, 06:05:28 PM
If the collective royal we are correct in assuming PSG then I am going to listen to the podgy bloke on the train more intenetly as he said this a while ago. Sounded convinced but I thought "Nah".
First game of next season "Six numbers please you podgy little oracle"

The podgy bloke just reads the papers! The move was rumoured during the January transfer window.

Haven't heard anything since - it's more of a move that's logical on paper than one that's being seriously talked about I think.

zander

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 08, 2012, 06:00:38 PM
Quote from: zander on May 08, 2012, 05:52:21 PM

they've recently become big spenders also, correct?
Yep owned by a Qatari I believe. Apparently their not going to spend huge but certainly on the look for a striker and maybe Dempsey would alleviate the pressure on that striker or support whoever they bring in.