watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

was in the ship with the fulham players...aj and brede both staying

Started by cottage cheese, May 06, 2012, 11:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Jol's already said that he won't let Dempsey go. Maybe trying to push up price but a club will have to big and put a good deal of money in to sort out a deal. And a top club too.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Matt Inglis on May 07, 2012, 12:04:33 AM
I must say I feel a lot more upset about the fact Dempsey will be moving on. Not because Dembélé will attract a healthy transfer fee, but more because of the memories and the pain it gives me that he may potentially play at the Cottage wearing a different shirt.

+100000000

Brede Butter Pudding

If they do indeed leave, it's fitting that they both scored in potentially their final competitive game at the Cottage.

NogoodBoyo

The writing had been writ large enough on the wall that Double D will be moving on.  Sad, but that's reality.  Others will step up though.  For instance, I'm not a big fan of his, but I have a feeling that Bryan will become very influential in the Dempsey role and Diarra is more than capable of doing much of what Dembele does by passing instead of making incredible dribbles.  Murphy and Diarra together look more than a match for many midfields. 
Nogod "change will come, isit" Boyo

west kowloon white

We will see them back-Dempsey Charlie Adam MK 11 at Liverpool and Moussa warming Arry's bench??Hopefully with a good kitty in the the bank for Jol'esque replacements-life goes on....

SJH

You never know when these people will strike so it pays to have a solid, non-offensive stock answer to fall back on, in part so you don't find yourself tripping over your words and agreeing to something you can't get out of .... It's just that I am very wary of people today. I don't like getting into conversations because I am hugely paranoid that I am being recorded – after all, the technology on mobile phones means that everyone is a journalist now ....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/may/04/the-secret-footballer-stock-replies?newsfeed=true

ScalleysDad

In a way its a good job people will remember yesterdays performances and not some of the 'invisible' ones in the recent past. Both did their cv's the world of good and both put a shift in. Not sure where Demps will end up unless Ferguson has a clear out or he crosses the water, Liverpool would be a useless move for Demps and who's to say they will be a a Champions League side for a year or three. Dembele could, as has been said, go to Spurs but I don't see where he would fit but the Gooners might actually go shopping this summer and I can see him in red. If we got a combined fee of 25 million or so and Jol does'nt blow it things are not so bad. I thought we would see alot more of the bright young things by now but a guaranteed top ten and seeing fleeting glimpses of 'The Revolution' is I suppose the teaser for next year.

leonffc

Quote from: General on May 07, 2012, 12:50:06 AM
Jol's already said that he won't let Dempsey go. Maybe trying to push up price but a club will have to big and put a good deal of money in to sort out a deal. And a top club too.

I pretty sure Jol said Dempsey will be sold early if he doesn't sign his contract as the club can't afford to let him run it down

PokerMatt

If we get 20m+ for the pair - realistically we won't get what they are actually worth then I can see three or four players coming in from European leagues. Ala dembele, some 4/5m signings to prove themselves.

Then either we sell at a healthy profit Or if it all comes together maybe we'll be attractive enough for them to want to stay.

My personal opinion on this is demps will go, but I'm less sure about dembele - Jol is key to this, he's a big name and dembele may be tempted into one more season to see where Jol can take us.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

fulhamben

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 07, 2012, 11:12:23 AM
If we get 20m+ for the pair - realistically we won't get what they are actually worth then I can see three or four players coming in from European leagues. Ala dembele, some 4/5m signings to prove themselves.

yes but for that to happen we would have to get dembele to sign an extension. just cant see him doing itThen either we sell at a healthy profit Or if it all comes together maybe we'll be attractive enough for them to want to stay.

My personal opinion on this is demps will go, but I'm less sure about dembele - Jol is key to this, he's a big name and dembele may be tempted into one more season to see where Jol can take us.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

White Noise

Jol said at the Fulham Business Club last month that the club would move to sell Dempsey quickly if he doesn't sign his new contract. The player himself was quoted as saying that he would wait till the end of the season before discussing it. It should therefore be quickly apparent to the club if they need to get rid.

This summer will be an interesting test of Jols pulling power and persuasiveness. He clearly want to take the club up to 5th and 6th and possibly 4th place finishes and be achieving regular European football but will he be able to sell that vision to the players.

PokerMatt

Quote from: White Noise on May 07, 2012, 11:57:25 AM
Jol said at the Fulham Business Club last month that the club would move to sell Dempsey quickly if he doesn't sign his new contract. The player himself was quoted as saying that he would wait till the end of the season before discussing it. It should therefore be quickly apparent to the club if they need to get rid.

This summer will be an interesting test of Jols pulling power and persuasiveness. He clearly want to take the club up to 5th and 6th and possibly 4th place finishes and be achieving regular European football but will he be able to sell that vision to the players.

That's what I think re jol. More than any other manager we've ever had I think jol can sell that to the players. He was the manager to take spurs into challenging the top 4 and he's managed skme big names at Ajax. I suspect it's not as cut and dry as some, including myself, have thought for a while.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Dan in Notts

Despite the gossip that must circulate within squads, would other players necessarily know the details of confidential contract negotiations?  Wouldn't it be quite unprofessional for them to chat about any gossip/info. they did have to people they met in pubs?

White Noise

Quote from: Dan in Notts on May 07, 2012, 01:16:57 PM
Despite the gossip that must circulate within squads, would other players necessarily know the details of confidential contract negotiations?  Wouldn't it be quite unprofessional for them to chat about any gossip/info. they did have to people they met in pubs?

I amazed Andy Johnson 5"7 and Brede Hangeland 6"7 were happy to be seen in public together!

mangoputney

Will be gutted if both go :( mainly Demps cos he is a legend & Moussa cos he is sublime at CM

Hope Jol is a big enough pull, I kinda trust him now & will embrace the Oranje revolution
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

ToodlesMcToot

Very difficult for me to see Hangeland and AJ just hanging out in a bar letting slip the details of ongoing contract negotiations - their own to begin with, but certainly not those of others within the club.

Coincidentally, I was hanging out at a bar in Atlanta the other night and ran into Bradley Cooper. He told me there is definitely going to be a Hangover 3, the characters will get really drunk and black out while celebrating some huge life event, then spend the rest of the movie hilariously (or not) solving some mystery as they retrace their steps from the night before.  :011:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jarv

Definitely would love to see Dempsey stay. One of the Fulham greats now. Apart from all the obvious reasons, because of dempsey we get to see Fulham on tv in USA almost every week :clap_hands:

Burt

Amazing what you hear down pubs nowadays.

Haven't they forgotten that twitter is the way to communicate this sort of stuff?

cebu

Quote from: White Noise on May 06, 2012, 11:18:46 PM
The biggest shock is that AJ is staying. :58:

Maybe he meant "staying at home wrapped in cotton wool" so he doesn't get injured again.   :dft009:

Berserker

I thought footballers left it to their wives to Twitter, unless your Joey Barton that is! Be surprised if Brede said anything untowards, thought he always seemed very sensible
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.