watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

was in the ship with the fulham players...aj and brede both staying

Started by cottage cheese, May 06, 2012, 11:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

they both agreed they were staying to me, said they had signed and just waiting for new contracts to kick in

on a negaitve note dempsey and dembele acoording to brede and aj were going to go
#

it could be a lie but i spoke to them face to face at the ship

TWFL

Sorry but what is "the ship"?

cottage cheese

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jambo

Quote from: Berserker on May 06, 2012, 11:15:12 PM
I don't beleive they will let both Demps and Dembele go

With just 12 months to go on the contracts I don't think they will have much choice.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

White Noise

Berserker

Yes i was just thinking at the match he was definitely a goner

- Martin Luther King Jr.

cottage cheese

like i said, aj and brede said they  were staying but didnt seem confident dempsey was

fulhamthroughandthrough

Quote from: cottage cheese on May 06, 2012, 11:09:18 PM
they both agreed they were staying to me, said they had signed and just waiting for new contracts to kick in

on a negaitve note dempsey and dembele acoording to brede and aj were going to go
#

how long does it take for a new contract to kick in? i thought it would kick in as soon as it was signed?

Mr Fulham

That's what I expected. Shame, but I'm very sure both Dems are on their way out.

cottage cheese

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on May 06, 2012, 11:22:45 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on May 06, 2012, 11:09:18 PM

thats what i though,

but a contract today starts at a specific date regardles of when it is signed. I am just going on what brede said but his contract starts when we finish in june
#

how long does it take for a new contract to kick in? i thought it would kick in as soon as it was signed?

Brede Butter Pudding

Unfortunately I think it's been clear for a while that Dempsey and Dembele will be on the move... Dempsey is of the age where if he doesn't leave this season he probably won't be able to fulfill his dream of playing in the Champions League, and Dembele is a class act who will have bigger clubs sniffing around him.

The only positive that can come from these sales is if, firstly, we receive hefty transfer fees on both, in the region of £10 mil +. Afterall, they've both got 12 months or more on their contracts. If the money generated is reinvested back into the squad we can benefit in the long term. I'd like to start by seeing Chadli in a Fulham shirt, and other flair players helping Jol mould the team into an ultimate football-playing unit.

Matt Inglis

I must say I feel a lot more upset about the fact Dempsey will be moving on. Not because Dembélé will attract a healthy transfer fee, but more because of the memories and the pain it gives me that he may potentially play at the Cottage wearing a different shirt.
Long live the status of both players, one a loyal servant to our club, the other a simply wonderful footballer.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Berserker

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Matt Inglis

There's only one Emma's burger stand.

zzamora

Quote from: Berserker on May 07, 2012, 12:04:40 AM
Hey ddeuce you'll have to have another name change!

Nope, I'm sticking. He's a absolute legend.

hopper

Shame to see them leave but there are so so many young players coming through, and I've got a feeling Ruiz will really take it up a notch next year. We are slightly overloaded in the attacking midfielder role anyway, so these will not leave us depleted, hopefully the money will be used to invest in a first class striker or 2 and a right back and we'll still be a very strong team. Mind you I think we might suffer a bit without Dembele, as he gives us so much space, and I would be shocked to the core if we could get someone who can ghost past players in such tight spaces like he does, he takes a lot of pressure of the defence. No doubt the team will have to be set up in a pretty different way next year if they are both off, different players require different tactics of course.

hopper

Just seen an interesting stat on wikipedia about Dempsey, since his arrival
06/07 - 1
07/08 - 6
08/09 - 8
09/10 - 9
10/11 - 13
11/12 - 23

He's improved his goal tally every season, although I'd be surprised if he can continue the upward trajectory, but its certainly impressive reading. This year we have been over reliant on him, but as I was saying above - if he leaves, the team will play in a different way that will certainly allow others to chip in with quite a few more goals and it won't be the end of the world