watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

blackburn down

Started by bigalffc, May 07, 2012, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

I can see that squad getting picked apart and them wallowing in the lower divisions.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on May 08, 2012, 07:52:08 AM
Pedersen is a cheat and a diver. Not Fulham material. Takes great corners though (when he isn't cheating)

Totally agree. I wouldn't want him wearing our kit.

BalDrick

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 08, 2012, 08:35:09 AM
Pedersen is a cheat and a diver. Not Fulham material. Takes great corners though (when he isn't cheating)

Just obeying the manager's orders though isn't he? I don't remember him being called a cheat a few years back when he looked really good. That said, I can't see us buying anyone of that age - if anything the cheats will buy a few of their squad I imagine.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

finnster01

Quote from: BalDrick on May 08, 2012, 09:02:17 AM

Just obeying the manager's orders though isn't he? I don't remember him being called a cheat a few years back when he looked really good. That said, I can't see us buying anyone of that age - if anything the cheats will buy a few of their squad I imagine.

Mr BalDrick,
That was before he started to take short corners to himself and fall down at the slightest touch.  092.gif

In any event he is too old for us so it should be a non-issue
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ScalleysDad

Stand out performance last night was that of Roberto Martinez on the touchline when Wigan scored. The relief must have been immense but he held it together as the class act he has become.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 08, 2012, 09:29:36 AM
Stand out performance last night was that of Roberto Martinez on the touchline when Wigan scored. The relief must have been immense but he held it together as the class act he has become.

Agree with you there.

I think Blackburn will lose a lot of their players to promoted sides, Robinson, Yakubu, Hoilet etc...

To be honest, as soon as Keane replaced Big Sam I expected them to drop, as much as I feel sorry for Keane for the way he has been treated, he didn't really seem to have all that much football insight when he was at Fulham.

Berserker

Does anybody think Martinez will be poached, he is very good.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

finnster01

Quote from: Berserker on May 08, 2012, 09:44:08 AM

Absolutely. The question is when and by whom? Don't see Liverpool sticking with Kenny for long. The yanks running that outfit now are not exactly famous for patience
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BalDrick

Quote from: finnster01 on May 08, 2012, 09:48:11 AM

Absolutely. The question is when and by whom? Don't see Liverpool sticking with Kenny for long. The yanks running that outfit now are not exactly famous for patience

He's got too much class for them, as exhibited last night (and on several other occasions this season), plus the natives would go mental if he was appointed, you know what they're like. As far as they're concerned, it's a mystery why a dream double act of Mourinho and Guardiola haven't pitched up already, demanding the job for no money.

Martinez is good but I'm not sure he's quite good enough for a club with expectations that high (let alone unreasonable). I'd have thought the West Brom job might interest him.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MJG

Not a big step up but maybe WBA will be the only vacancy this summer in the prem.

JimmyDunnesBum

Quote from: MOR : on May 07, 2012, 10:01:22 PM
They were awful tonight...funny that...how the hell did they get 4 points off of us.

I don't know if you were there ,  but the game at Ewood was our season's low point ,imo . We were outplayed and outbattled  , and Blackburn played much of the game with only 10 men . Damien Duff was the only one who played well on our side.

AlFayedsChequebook

To be honest, I am not really going to miss Bburn.

They were always a pain in the ass to play and were not a particularly footballing side under Allardyce.

Plus, Ruiz will not have to play them next season and have a shocker

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on May 08, 2012, 09:20:43 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on May 08, 2012, 09:02:17 AM

Mr BalDrick,
That was before he started to take short corners to himself and fall down at the slightest touch.  092.gif

In any event he is too old for us so it should be a non-issue

His body slam, in the box, of Staltieri, which lead to a goal, was one of the dirtiest plays I have seen. I doubt Hughes told him to do it. REALLY disliked him ever since that day.

Burt

Quote from: MJG on May 08, 2012, 10:28:59 AM
Not a big step up but maybe WBA will be the only vacancy this summer in the prem.

Villa may try and go for him again. McLeish has had an underwhelming season there, which was easy to forsee.

Legate21

I'd say blackburn do have a few players that some clubs might be interested in. Hoilett is already going, but the likes of Robinson, the Yak and Dann (who has been unlucky to get back to back relegations) will definitely do a job elsewhere. Then there's the younger players like Martin Olsson, who is rapid with a decent left peg and Grant Hanley, who hasn't done badly when called upon, could be on the move, although down in the Championship they're gonna get lots of game time.