watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey's body language

Started by Holders, May 08, 2012, 12:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When Dempsey goes, it'll be the club's decision and it will be a decision based solely on money. If Dempsey is offered a huge raise on a two-year deal, it'll be because the extended contract will mean that nobody will be willing to wait to get him for free. And, as a result, his selling price goes up. This is a business. Selling Dempsey this summer is good business in terms of money in.

ALL of our players will be sold or released the minute they've outlived their usefullness or should the opportunity arise to make a bundle of money from a sale. It always makes me chuckle that players are chided for being "disloyal" to the supporters by going to a new club, when MOST of the transfers -- 99% perhaps? -- are the result of the selling club going after the money.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bog

Both my daughters said the very same. Sadly, I think the end is nigh.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I say good luck to Dempsey,I do not mind any player moving on (or manager ) as long as they do not 
bad-mouth Fulham ....... and i cannot see Clint doing that 

He might as well go after the large shoal of herring ......tick,tock ...times a marching and college fees are going up, up, up 

How can anyone call him disloyal ( mind you Steeeeeed got call greedy alot)  :023:

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on May 08, 2012, 06:28:54 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. When Dempsey goes, it'll be the club's decision 

Not really.

Jimbobob

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When Dempsey goes, it'll be the club's decision and it will be a decision based solely on money. If Dempsey is offered a huge raise on a two-year deal, it'll be because the extended contract will mean that nobody will be willing to wait to get him for free. And, as a result, his selling price goes up. This is a business. Selling Dempsey this summer is good business in terms of money in.

ALL of our players will be sold or released the minute they've outlived their usefullness or should the opportunity arise to make a bundle of money from a sale. It always makes me chuckle that players are chided for being "disloyal" to the supporters by going to a new club, when MOST of the transfers -- 99% perhaps? -- are the result of the selling club going after the money.
:54: :54: :54:
Great post HD. Great Post.
I think we all need to wait and see rather than obsessing about every little look or body language expression. I do not want to see him leave Fulham but if he has the chance to better his professional fortunes so much the better. As said above that may be a win win situation. Let's love him while he is here and if he leaves wish him the best!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

ElissonSnygg

Brilliant stuff, making that sign in the stand. Even better that he actually saw it!

Well done !  :Haynes The Maestro:
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

dishEJtheRock!

So no players ever try and force a move themselves? What does the concept of a "transfer request" mean in your head? It would be crazy for a player to want a move, whether it be for better pay or playing time, or just playing in a different league or team, as opposed to their team trying to make money?

I dont know what makes you think you know exactly what Clint, his agent, Jol, or any of the people in charge of player transfers at FFC are thinking. But the facts are he has been offered a new and improved contract, and if he refuses to sign, Jol says he will be sold as soon as possible. Its hardly the clubs decision when they want him to stay and he doesnt want to. And I dont think anyone in their right mind would fault them for selling him now, if he clearly wants to go, instead of making him stay a year and letting him go for nothing. The decision will be ENTIRELY up to Dempsey. He can choose to sign a new deal and stay, or refuse to and leave.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: dishEJtheRock! on May 08, 2012, 09:22:13 PM

So no players ever try and force a move themselves? What does the concept of a "transfer request" mean in your head? It would be crazy for a player to want a move, whether it be for better pay or playing time, or just playing in a different league or team, as opposed to their team trying to make money?

I dont know what makes you think you know exactly what Clint, his agent, Jol, or any of the people in charge of player transfers at FFC are thinking. But the facts are he has been offered a new and improved contract, and if he refuses to sign, Jol says he will be sold as soon as possible. Its hardly the clubs decision when they want him to stay and he doesnt want to. And I dont think anyone in their right mind would fault them for selling him now, if he clearly wants to go, instead of making him stay a year and letting him go for nothing. The decision will be ENTIRELY up to Dempsey. He can choose to sign a new deal and stay, or refuse to and leave.
Brilliant post, well done!

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/jol-tells-arsenal-target-dempsey-stay-fulham-fans-3162251?utm_source=taxonomy_landing_page

Jol tells Arsenal target Dempsey to stay for Fulham fans

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Tue, 05/08/2012 - 12:00

Fulham boss Martin Jol has urged Clint Dempsey to stay for the fans.

Arsenal and Liverpool are chasing the USA international.

"He knows what the fans think of him and hopefully it's enough for him to sign his contract," Jol said.

"I know that he will get even better. You talk to him and he wants to get better because, of course, he's not perfect. He's improving.

"We didn't know that he could take these free-kicks at the start of the season, so he never took them.

"But then against Bolton, out of nothing he scored in the top corner and he did it again today, so it's maybe something for the future."

b+w geezer

The various angles on transfers in general have well been covered above and you takes your pick. All I'd add is that the case of Clint is not bog-standard.

Firstly, we don't breed many who reach a standard that attracts serious propositions in the Champions League. Secondly, if we do, they aren't likely to delay doing so till age 29, such that it's now -- or at least soon -- or never. Thirdly, Clint has given the club above average length of service by modern standards and fourthly he has represented exceptional value. Fifth, if he does stay with us, he'll return home having had just the single taste of European football.

That's a combination of circumstances that may make the club more sympathetic to a wish to move on (if in fact applicable) than it might otherwise be. It wouldn't necessarily 100% be money talking -- on either side.

I hope he stays and maybe he will gladly do so. But if not, there's some comfort in the thought that respecting personal ambitions in players doesn't reflect badly on a club; also that it can turn out a pyrrhic victory if you don't.

HatterDon

Quote from: dishEJtheRock! on May 08, 2012, 09:22:13 PM

so, of transfers over the last six transfer periods, how many involved a player actually filing a transfer request? I'm not talking about rumors. I'm talking about the actual thing. The only one I know of from the last two is Chris Samba.

It IS interesting to ponder the fact that Dempsey is in charge of Fulham transfers. Wonder why they're paying that MacIntosh chap.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

Each case is different.

Consider though the players Arsenal have lost - Nasri, Toure, Fabregas. They didn't want to lose those players but couldn't keep them because contracts were running down and the players wouldn't resign.

We could force Dempsey to stay another year and then lose him for nothing. Maybe we will but selling him now will not really be about the money it'll be because the player wants to move.

And they're entitled to - they're not slaves.

b+w geezer

Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 09, 2012, 08:20:27 AM
We could force Dempsey to stay another year
Obviously we are surmising and it may be that he will happily stay, but in the event he won't, there are -- as some are recognising and some surprisingly do not seem to be --  considerations additional to financial/contractual. These include the message the club wants to send out. On the one hand it doesn't want to come across as a soft touch. On the other, it has ongoing recruitment needs.

Players want to join an ambitious club that can keep good players. They also want a club that won't stand in their own way if they outgrow it.  That's an impossible square to circle, but the players' grapevine will know which clubs try their best to do so. An at-loggerheads scenario in a case like this (which is pretty unusual for reasons I posted earlier) could apart from anything else be counterproductive further down the line. I'd simply add this to the reasons it's unlikely.