watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Details of the Academy's Final verses Blakcburn

Started by mrska, May 08, 2012, 03:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

The Club can confirm that Fulham will play Blackburn Rovers in the Premier Academy U18 League Final at Craven Cottage on Saturday 12th May (KO 2pm).

Having secured the Premier Academy League Group A title for the second consecutive season in late April, Kit Symons' team defeated Leicester City by two goals to one in the Premier Academy League Play-Off Semi Final at Motspur Park last weekend to book their rightful place in the Final.

Supporters wishing to attend Saturday's match at Craven Cottage can purchase their match tickets at the gate. Adult tickets will be priced at £3 and Juniors (U16) and Concessions (Over 65) just £1.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/AcademyFinal.aspx#ixzz1uI2O8PCV

cmg

A fine achievement by our Academy boys.

I would be grateful for some clarification as to the identity and status of Connor Roberts, the young man who seems to have had such a fine game in goal for us in the semi-final.
A Connor Roberts played against us for Everton in last year's final and goalkeepers named Connor Roberts have turned out this season for Everton (u-18), Birmingham City (u-18), Burscough Athletic (on loan ex-Everton), Colwyn Bay (on loan ex-Everton) and now Fulham.

Is this the same bloke in all cases? There has been no report, as far as I can find, of him being signed by Fulham - but, of course, the signing of junior players is not always given much publicity.
Conversation with his parents, reported on this board, indicate that he was 'loaned' to Fulham for just this game. Surely this cannot be the case. Although it is always nice to win, the point of these competitions is to nurture our talent. Playing a loanee in such a game can benefit only the loaning club.
I would be very interested in any information anyone has on this point. We would seem to have a number of able young goalkeepers (including Oberschmidt, who was on the bench.)

zander

Given that I've just finished my last university exam!!  yee-haw!

I think I'll make it down to the cottage for this one. I've waited to see the academy for awhile.