Main Menu

Europa League final on channel 5 now

Started by Jack Fulham, May 09, 2012, 07:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Legate21

Would be nice to see Bilbao win, what a finish that was from Falcao though

The King

Lol Falcao absolutely loves the Europa League.

Peabody

Is the Madrid midfielder Diego the same as the Diego who played against us for Juventus?

The King

The one that caused the penalty that led to our third goal? Yes. I love him simply for that.

finnster01

I love the Bilbao concept. You can only be from the region. Never mind having just English players for Fulham, imagine they were all from London? Probably would be a shite team, but that probably would lock in London Pride as a sponsor...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Ordar

Do people think this Atletico side is better than the one that beat us.

I think we lost to a much better side. Obviously Falcao is brilliant, but Forlan and Aguero weren't too shabby!

Mr_Moon

Quote from: finnster01 on May 09, 2012, 08:47:06 PM
I love the Bilbao concept. You can only be from the region. Never mind having just English players for Fulham, imagine they were all from London? Probably would be a shite team, but that probably would lock in London Pride as a sponsor...

Well it's not just Bilbao, they scout in La Rioja and Navarre, as well as trawling South America for Basque connections. But yeah, we'd have a load of plonkers.

ImperialWhite

Ok final. Athletic Club were a bit disappointing though, weren't they?

domprague

Europa League is so predictable. You follow a team, watch as they beat some of Europe's best sides, dare to believe as they reach the final and then they lose to Atletico Madrid.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

EJL

Quote from: Ordar on May 09, 2012, 09:34:25 PM
Do people think this Atletico side is better than the one that beat us.

I think we lost to a much better side. Obviously Falcao is brilliant, but Forlan and Aguero weren't too shabby!
I thought we'd beaten better sides on the way to the final. Just one game too many.

EJL

Attack of the strikers beginning with 'F'! Brace from Forlan and now a brace from Falcao !!!

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: EJL on May 09, 2012, 10:39:41 PM
Attack of the strikers beginning with 'F'! Brace from Forlan and now a brace from Falcao !!!

But only in even numbered years.

Kerim Frei in 2014 anyone?
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Mitch

Falcao's turn for the second goal was beautiful.

EJL

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on May 09, 2012, 10:46:46 PM
Quote from: EJL on May 09, 2012, 10:39:41 PM

But only in even numbered years.

Kerim Frei in 2014 anyone?
:o could well be

Mr Fulham

Can't stand that Atletico lot. Loath them with a passion since May 2010.

valdeingruo

Quote from: finnster01 on May 09, 2012, 08:47:06 PM

Manager: Stuart Pierce
Gk David James
LB Andy Cole
CB Rio Ferdinand
CB John Terry
RB Liam Ridgewell
LM Theo Walcott
CM Fat Frank
CM Steve Sidwell
RM David Beckam
LF Jermaine Defoe
RF Jermaine Beckford

Subs
Steven Taylor
Ledley King
Andy Cole
Lee Bowyer
Nigel Reo Coker
Giles Barnes
Bobby Zamora

Would look like this, some at a stretch. Others included on footballing merit not personality.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi