https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Word Or Two On The Final From Fulham's Beckenbauer

Started by White Noise, May 09, 2012, 11:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Title Challenge

Wednesday 9th May 2012

Fulham U18s' season reaches its climax on Saturday afternoon when Kit Symons' side compete in the Premier Academy League Final against Blackburn Rovers at Craven Cottage (KO 2pm).

A fine run of form towards the end of the campaign saw the Whites overtake title rivals Southampton and Arsenal to top Group A before seeing off Leicester City by two goals to one in the Semi Final.

It is the second consecutive year Fulham have made it to the Final and Ronny Minkwitz, who scored in last year's defeat at the hands of Everton, is all the more determined to take home the trophy this time around.

"I think this year we have an even better squad than we did last time so we have a bigger chance of winning," the Academy skipper told fulhamfc.com.

"Obviously I'm just desperate to win the game. I'm especially keen to win as we didn't win the Youth Cup when we had a good chance, so let's get the Premier League title instead.

"It was very nice to see so many fans come out to support us at Motspur Park in the Semi Final. I think there were maybe 400 or 500 people there which was fantastic to see and I hope that there are going to be a lot of supporters when we face Blackburn in the Final.

"It's definitely a bonus that we don't have to travel far for the match and of course it is always great to play at Craven Cottage because it's our home stadium."

Minkwitz will be a third year professional scholar in the 2012/13 campaign and, with many Development Squad appearances to his name already this campaign, it seems likely that Saturday could be his final outing for the Under 18s.

"It would be nice to say farewell to the Academy with a win against Blackburn," Ronny said. "I'm just looking at the Development Squad for next season and I hope that I can cement my place in the Reserves, then maybe even the First Team. I just want to play as much football as possible."

Tickets will be available on the gate at Craven Cottage on Saturday priced at £3 for adults and just £1 for juniors and concessions.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/GloryBeckons.aspx#ixzz1uPnfIijL

Mr Fulham

hope he'll get some first team minutes under his belt next season, the guy just oozes class.