watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Linked With Vitesse Arnhem Left Back Alexander Buttner

Started by White Noise, May 11, 2012, 02:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/vitesse-arnhem-defender-alexander-buttner-reveals-fulham-interest-3166861?utm_source=taxonomy_landing_page

Vitesse Arnhem defender Alexander Buttner reveals Fulham interest

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Thu, 05/10/2012 - 10:20

Vitesse Arnhem defender Alexander Buttner is interesting Fulham.

The Sun says they will have to beat off Dutch champs Ajax to sign Buttner.

The Vitesse Arnhem left-back, 23, said: "I'm aware of Fulham's interest but my love for Ajax is well known."

Aldo

Isn't it funny that with a dutch manager we seem to be linked with anyone who also happens to be linked with Ajax!

HatterDon

It's from Tribal Football -- "All the news that we can pull out of our collective asses."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cmg

SBV Excelsior utility man, Joost Van Kletspraat, was reported as being in therapy  in Rotterdam today following his recent unsuccesful suicide attempt.
"Joost was devestated," said a close friend, "by the fact that he alone of the current Eredivisie players with less than 25 years left on their contract, has not been mentioned in the British press in connection with a transfer to Fulham. We explained to him that Martin Jol has not been well of late and that a bid is surely in the pipeline. We, however, are afraid that his condition is deteriorating, as he is now hallucinating that he might be wanted by Queens Park Rangers. We have explained to him, to no avail, the dangers of such over-ambition."

Hammer Smith

There's a mention on Twitter at the moment from Dutch sources that we've bid 2 million euros for this player.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Aldo on May 11, 2012, 07:27:18 PM
Isn't it funny that with a dutch manager we seem to be linked with anyone who also happens to be linked with Ajax!
His last job was with Ajax let's not forget.

MrFantastic

We should get that Czech player Pilar he seems a great player and he is a winger I think great player.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: MrFantastic on June 20, 2012, 06:27:06 PM
We should get that Czech player Pilar he seems a great player and he is a winger I think great player.
Has already signed a deal with Wolfsburg.

Chesh

Be very wary of bidding for players on the basis of their brief showing at a major Championships, who have never otherwise been heard of - remember Karol Poborsky?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

EJL

Quote from: Chesh on June 20, 2012, 06:50:39 PM
Be very wary of bidding for players on the basis of their brief showing at a major Championships, who have never otherwise been heard of - remember Karol Poborsky?
Ahh yes but the goal he scored was worthy of a transfer ;)

White Noise

Fulham to offer Vitesse Arnhem £1.6m to secure the services of left-back Buttner

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 22:35, 20 June 2012 | UPDATED: 22:35, 20 June 2012

Fulham have offered £1.6million for Vitesse Arnhem left-back Alexander Buttner.

The 23-year-old was reportedly in London this week for a look round the club.

Fulham have also shown interest in Sevilla's Argentine centre back Federico Fazio and remain keen on Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2162357/Fulham-offer-Vitesse-Arnhem-1-6m-Alexander-Buttner.html#ixzz1yPLrVWkJ

NorthernWhite

Quite a few sites have him down as a left midfielder rather than a LB.

White Noise

Quote from: NorthernWhite on June 21, 2012, 07:55:44 AM

I was going to say - surely that is a place of greater need than LB right now?

NorthernWhite

Quote from: White Noise on June 21, 2012, 08:04:14 AM
Quote from: NorthernWhite on June 21, 2012, 07:55:44 AM

I was going to say - surely that is a place of greater need than LB right now?

Definitely. I was really surprised to see us go for a LB as we have that spot filled with Riise and Briggs as cover.

If we're going for him, I think it must be with a view to midfield 1st with cover at LB 2nd.