Main Menu

Meanwhile In A Footballing Backwater

Started by White Noise, May 13, 2012, 08:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Did Hughes make Fulham blunder? QPR face relegation but old pals flying high

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 23:21, 12 May 2012 | UPDATED: 23:24, 12 May 2012

Mark Hughes left Fulham last June because he felt they were not ambitious enough. That decision is now looking suspect, with Fulham possibly finishing seventh if they beat Spurs, while Hughes's QPR face possible relegation.

'I felt my ambition for where I wanted to take the club was not matched,' he said.

City boy: Mark Hughes (centre) returns to another of his former clubs on Sunday

He took over from Neil Warnock in January and promptly spent £10million but QPR are in the same position as they were when he arrived - 17th. If QPR are to survive, Hughes will have to improve his away record.

Since he left Blackburn, he has managed only seven away Premier League wins in 55 matches.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2143558/Did-QPR-manager-Mark-Hughes-make-Fulham-blunder.html#ixzz1ujZ7Yz2Y

BalDrick

f#@& your ambition, we're better than you. Best song of the season. Come on Bolton (and Citeh)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Fletchino

Burt

I will be sooooo happy if they go down.

Not because I hate QPR (I don't, really, as some good friends of mine are long-term supporters) but because of Sparky and his "ambition".

BalDrick

Quote from: Burt on May 13, 2012, 09:36:50 AM
I will be sooooo happy if they go down.

Not because I hate QPR (I don't, really, as some good friends of mine are long-term supporters) but because of Sparky and his "ambition".

Yeah that's it for me too - over the last few weeks I've started having to stick a finger or two up at the screen every time he appears.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town