News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Moussa Dembele The Most Over-Hyped Player In The Premiership?

Started by White Noise, May 13, 2012, 09:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/05/premiership/is-moussa-dembele-the-most-over-hyped-player-in-the-premiership

Is Moussa Dembele The Most Over-Hyped Player In The Premiership?

Date: 12th May 2012 at 2:14 pm

Author: Ryan Kelly

According to the Daily Mail, Fulham's Moussa Dembele is attracting the interests of the Premier League's elite clubs.

The 24-year-old Belgian has excelled this term after converting into a centre-midfielder under Martin Jol after previously being deployed as a striker. Dembele is usually given a free role within a 3-man Fulham midfield alongside Danny Murphy and Mahamadou Diarra, usually finding himself operating in the playmaker role behind the striker.

His performances in recent months have reportedly attracted the interest of Manchester United, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal – who could be looking to take advantage of Dembele's contract situation at Fulham. The player's contract expires at the end of next season which means The Cottagers could be willing to cash in on the player with talks over a new contract yet to lead to any conclusions.

After signing Dembele for a fee in the region of £5million from AZ Alkmaar in 2010, it is expected that a transfer fee of £10million will be required for Fulham to relinquish their star midfielder this summer – which in today's market would be an attractive figure to many potential suitors.

The question remains however is Dembele worthy of a move to one of the bigger clubs in the Premier League?

The Belgian has been shown to be a technically gifted player; very calm in possession he is also rarely let down by his first touch which has led him to being a composed operator in midfield for Fulham. However whilst being secure in his new midfield surroundings, he has offered very little in the final third this term – contributing a poultry two goals and two assists for his side.

All in all if Dembele was to secure a move to Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, White Hart Lane or elsewhere – it wouldn't be a move which would inspire many fans who potentially could see it as more of a financially based moved.

Jambo

Yes he is, absolutely.  Let him rot at Fulham for another 5 years!!!!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

The Enclosurite

+1

Yeah, he's rubbish, lol.

Quote from: Jambo on May 13, 2012, 09:18:28 AM
Yes he is, absolutely.  Let him rot at Fulham for another 5 years!!!!
¡COYW!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Who the feck is Ryan Kelly ........................
A right royal plastic's name.

He cannot have seen him in action,  he is the Harlem Globe Trotter on The Premiership
I would go and pay to see him in training, his mazy runs with arms back is a thing of beauty.
Moussa Sidi Yaya Dembélé will take flight one of these days,  I hope he is pally with Sidders and has realised the bench at Stamford Bridge is no match for the pitch at CC

Burt

It's a legitimate question, and he is entitled to his point of view.

Whilst there is not much by way of end product, Moussa is undoubtedly a class act, there is a buzz whenever he gets the ball, and he creates problems in the enemy ranks whenever he gets going.

More than happy for him to be labelled as over-rated, so long as he stays put!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Burt ...if a fan yes,   absolutely ....if a jurno he ( note to self : shouldn't assume gender ) he/she should not write :
The question remains however is Dembele worthy of a move to one of the bigger clubs in the Premier League?

Blingo

He makes very valid points. I don't think that MD is anywhere near complete as a player and needs further development, which he can gain with us over the next two seasons. Then once we have won the champions league, and the fa cup, the useless sod can bugger off.

Snibbo

LBNo11

"contributing a poultry two goals and two assists for his side" a paltry contribution to journalism...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

JimmyDunnesBum

When will these stat people realise that a players worth isn't necessaraily defined by goals and assists ( one of the most misleading and worthless numbers ,imo) .

Blingo

Quote from: LBNo11 on May 13, 2012, 09:58:58 AM
"contributing a poultry two goals and two assists for his side" a paltry contribution to journalism...

Good to see you back on here ;))

ffc73

This a recurrent theme on this forum and if a legitimate question for fans of this and other clubs why is it not relevant for a journalist to ask the same question?

Even Dembele himself has previously said that he needs to add more in the final third to improve his overall game.

Put it another way, FFC are linked with an attacking mid-fielder rated at £10m who has contributed 2 assists and 2 goals this season.  Would this forum not be deluged with the posts of "not worth the money" and/or "we could do better investing in x from y"?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Burt on May 13, 2012, 09:39:27 AM
It's a legitimate question, and he is entitled to his point of view.

Whilst there is not much by way of end product, Moussa is undoubtedly a class act, there is a buzz whenever he gets the ball, and he creates problems in the enemy ranks whenever he gets going.

More than happy for him to be labelled as over-rated, so long as he stays put!

Thank god for that. I have written to the Club twice about my allergies and the hazards of a wasps nest under P2 and I thought they had'nt done anything about it.

Bassey the warrior

I don't like the statistic of assists. A player can create a host of chances and if they aren't put away he won't get an assist.

cmg

This bloke is an absolute journalistic and footballing genius (not so hot on the spelling, but we can't have everything). This article should be circulated immediately to all top flight managers in Europe.
It's good to see that we have at least one journalist on our side.

One question for our chums in the press: If Dembele is indeed over-hyped, who is it exactly that has done the over-hyping?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Blingo on May 13, 2012, 10:02:42 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on May 13, 2012, 09:58:58 AM

Good to see you back on here ;))

Good spot. The injury list is coming down slowly but surely. Welcome bck sir.

Bokonon

Quote from: Snibbo on May 13, 2012, 09:55:01 AM
"a poultry two goals"?  Yes, that's chicken feed.

Indeed, now we know the FFC chickens are doing their job!