watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pogo

Started by Bassey the warrior, May 13, 2012, 05:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

I felt for him today. He was so isolated. He just doesn't have the aerial ability or strength to hold the ball up. He needs more support. It's clear we need another good striker and two would be good. Just to provide more options.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: The Moose on May 13, 2012, 05:00:24 PM
I felt for him today. He was so isolated. He just doesn't have the aerial ability or strength to hold the ball up. He needs more support. It's clear we need another good striker and two would be good. Just to provide more options.

I thought you might pursue this on the other thread. A centre forward with no aerial ability or strength is like saying he just is'nt good enough .............. which is what many have been saying for ages. He has the touch of a housebrick as well. Jol obviously either can't or won't change whatever tactics he thinks we have to accomodate him.

tommy

:54:He's played well for us so far. He's new to the league and needs to be given time. Today was always going to be a nothing game anyway so don't look at today's performance to judge him. He's a cracking player.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 13, 2012, 05:31:48 PM

I thought you might pursue this on the other thread. A centre forward with no aerial ability or strength is like saying he just is'nt good enough .............. which is what many have been saying for ages. He has the touch of a housebrick as well. Jol obviously either can't or won't change whatever tactics he thinks we have to accomodate him.

I disagree. His link up play when Dempsey is playing, his movement and finishing is very good. I would hope he will get better next season. But all the same we could do with more options.

ScalleysDad

my post comes across as slightly intimidating .......... not mean't to be so apoligise.
Lets see what Mr Jolly does about it. One player missing from the team today can't be the only answer.

Berserker

I didn't think he looked good today, we are missing Ruis as well as Dempsey. Need another striker or two though
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jack Fulham

I don't think he's a lone striker, would like to see him in a pair but yeah he's nothing special.

leonffc

What? He's massive!! If he hasn't got the strength or Airial ability he really needs to quit. I think you mean 'technical ability'.

TonyGilroy

After 3 games he was way too good for us to have a hope of keeping him. Now he's not good enough apparently.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: leonffc on May 13, 2012, 07:20:18 PM

What? He's massive!! If he hasn't got the strength or Airial ability he really needs to quit. I think you mean 'technical ability'.
No I know what I mean. Hopefully he will improve in both areas.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 13, 2012, 07:25:56 PM

After 3 games he was way too good for us to have a hope of keeping him. Now he's not good enough apparently.
Spot on. The fickleness is ludicrous.

Burt

You're not suggesting that we give him a chance before writing him off are you?
:dft011:

Lighthouse

Pog was poor. He has been for many away games. You know the ones where the only passes to him are way over his head. Or hit at speed and he is expected to control them. Pog works well when the ball is played to him or in front of him. He need better quality service and support.

It's like blaming the Swart for not saving more goals when Spuds didn't actually shoot that often.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 13, 2012, 09:07:08 PM
Pog was poor. He has been for many away games. You know the ones where the only passes to him are way over his head. Or hit at speed and he is expected to control them. Pog works well when the ball is played to him or in front of him. He need better quality service and support.

It's like blaming the Swart for not saving more goals when Spuds didn't actually shoot that often.
Spot on. The team is used to Zamora, he is not Zamora.

HatterDon

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 13, 2012, 05:31:48 PM

I couldn't have put it better myself. He can put the ball in the net, but he can't do anything else at anywhere near this level. We need for him to be on the bench next season for a 60-75th minute sub so he can come in and freak out tired defenses.

Zamora was slated here because although he excelled at hold up play, showed great strength,  passed well, and got into scoring positions -- he didn't score enough. Pogrebnyak is his mirror opposite. He can do a job for us; but if he's out first choice striker next season, I think we're in a lot of trouble.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel