watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kasami

Started by Mr Fulham, May 13, 2012, 06:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Glad he played his first match since January. First prem appearance in 20 matchdays.

twang

Too bad Kasami was awful though. He'll need to take these kind of chances next season as he wont get a first team spot given to him.

TWFL

He was trying to hard too prove himself, hitting long balls when they weren't necessary and taking players on when others were in better positions. He'll learn though he's still young and has bags of potential

Bassey the warrior

It was a nice gesture by Martin.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

It was a few games overdue. As for the performance from him, maybe it comes from lack of game-time. If he's not going to get a lot of time, perhaps a loan will be the best thing rather than playing in the Development Squad. Preferably in England so he can get used to the quick style of play, I think Germany is the most alike English football so maybe to a Bundesliga side.

Mr_Moon

I thought he worked well in a 3 man midfield but we haven't really played that so hasn't been needed.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: twang on May 13, 2012, 06:27:42 PM
Too bad Kasami was awful though. He'll need to take these kind of chances next season as he wont get a first team spot given to him.
That's normal given that he hasn't featured for 20 games. Not only his fault that he's desparate and anxious to prove himself.

twang

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 13, 2012, 08:20:04 PM
Quote from: twang on May 13, 2012, 06:27:42 PM
That's normal given that he hasn't featured for 20 games. Not only his fault that he's desparate and anxious to prove himself.

And I'm not saying it's only his fault, just that he will have to do better if he's here next season as there's a lot of competition for places in his position(s).

ElissonSnygg

I dont think Kasami is ready yet.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on May 13, 2012, 08:52:57 PM
He'll never be ready without matchday experience.

Oiseau

Kasami wasn't all too awful. He had some bright ideas and seemed eager to prove himself. His execution wasn't brilliant at a few points, though, and I worry a bit about his speed/athleticism. Despite this he actually put together some neat passes (there was a good one to Frei and another significant break forward with Diarra) while he was also key in setting up a decent attempt on goal.

You're right. Kasami doesn't look ready but it's important to remember that he's only nineteen. He's not the finished article yet. With time on the pitch he'll improve. There's a reason why he's rated by Juventus and players have raved about his performances in training.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 13, 2012, 09:58:58 PM
I'm not sure he is good enough, I'm afraid. I can't understand why people rate him so highly.

I say, 'get rid'. :dft006:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Oiseau on May 13, 2012, 10:12:48 PM
Kasami wasn't all too awful. He had some bright ideas and seemed eager to prove himself. His execution wasn't brilliant at a few points, though, and I worry a bit about his speed/athleticism. Despite this he actually put together some neat passes (there was a good one to Frei and another significant break forward with Diarra) while he was also key in setting up a decent attempt on goal.

You're right. Kasami doesn't look ready but it's important to remember that he's only nineteen. He's not the finished article yet. With time on the pitch he'll improve. There's a reason why he's rated by Juventus and players have raved about his performances in training.
I really don't understand why he didn't go out on loan. Playing reserve team football is not going to prepare him for the Premier League. Even League 1 would help him.

EJL

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 13, 2012, 10:13:52 PM
I'm not sure he is good enough, I'm afraid. I can't understand why people rate him so highly.

The only reason you're saying something like that is because he's not been given any game time. He IS fantastic. He just needs opportunities.

Scrumpy

Quote from: EJL on May 13, 2012, 10:54:16 PM

The only reason you're saying something like that is because he's not been given any game time. He IS fantastic. He just needs opportunities.

Sorry mate, but I'm judging him from at least 300 minutes of live football that I have seen him play. I was there in Odense, Chelsea (Carling Cup), Wolves Away and today at Tottenham. It's only my opinion, but it IS based on seeing the guy play a bit.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

EJL

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 13, 2012, 11:07:31 PM
Quote from: EJL on May 13, 2012, 10:54:16 PM

Sorry mate, but I'm judging him from at least 300 minutes of live football that I have seen him play. I was there in Odense, Chelsea (Carling Cup), Wolves Away and today at Tottenham. It's only my opinion, but it IS based on seeing the guy play a bit.
300 minutes? That's barely any time to prove yourself.

b+w geezer

Quote from: EJL on May 13, 2012, 11:16:16 PM
300 minutes? That's barely any time to prove yourself.
Agree. When you're 19 at any rate.

I had hoped we'd see more of him during the last 10 matches or so, because it's going to be harder to give him game time in the autumn. He does have a lot going for him potentially in terms of physical power and class on the ball. It's not happened for him, of course, possibly because of the pace of the prem, but there's at least a suspicion that if the blue touch-paper could just get lit that first time, there could be lift off. Today (I was there too) encouraged slightly more than discouraged and I'd want to give the proposition a bit more time.

SJH

I think the point is that the people who rate him so highly are in a position to do so on more than seeing him in the game time he's had for us (he was pretty good against Newcastle away, though). If we are going to go the way of bringing through young players then that will often be the case: he's 19 and the role he was playing yesterday against high quality opponents is one where errors and present weaknesses stand out.

If we don't take a longer view of the players we bring in on a youth policy and accept that what they show in training, how they develop off as well as on the pitch is key, then we might as well go back to an approach where we look to 'revive' the careers of other clubs' premiership players (with a few signings from other leagues now and again when the Board thinks it's time to dig a bit deeper). I like the youth idea, I think it brings a lot of excitement, but it's always going to be about putting the longer term first.