watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bolton

Started by SP, May 13, 2012, 06:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Unless they can find a wealthy new owner, Bolton must be in deep trouble financially.  If I recall correctly, a club debt of £90m & falling Premier League attendences, the Championship won't do them any favours.  Shame really, we've had some good matches with them over the years. I can't see any way back for them?

093.gif 

Tonywa

Many congratulations to media darling Owen Coyle.  Having got Burnley relegated a couple of seasons back, he moved to Bolton where he repeated the procedure.  Brilliant.

leonffc

F*** them. I've just tried to log on to Burnden aces to commiserate and my accounts been deleted. I went on there after our game and got on well with them (I thought). Good riddance to the monkeys.

Bassey the warrior

Yep, can't see them coming back up any time soon. To be honest they've done well to stay up for so long with consistently poor squads.

Mr_Moon

It was a shame it went down to Bolton or QPR as I'd rather both went down but Gartside wanting to abolish relegation and 39th game.... Aahahaha

ScalleysDad

Is it Bolton who have almost all the first team squad out of contract all at once ........... about now. More shocking mismanagement of a club with some history and heritage. If the revolving exit door gathers any pace they could be in an awful mess next season.

Mr_Moon

Taken in December....

LBNo11

...we should go for that Zat Knight, he looks a good prospect...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ScalleysDad

sad thing is once upon a time he was considered to be "an outstanding prospect" so said Howard Wilkinson at a coaching seminar I went to at Warwick Uni. Shame it all went wrong.
Looking at that Bolton side, Cahill aside of course, I'm not too sure many will get an instant move back to the Prem. 

Brede Butter Pudding

I'd definitely take Klasnic, a very good finisher and would work well with the Pog I think.

Would also take Lee and Mark Davies, although I have a feeling Lee will want to repay Bolton for sticking with him during his leg break this season.

Blingo

I wouldn't take any of them, they just got relegated.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Blingo on May 13, 2012, 10:26:03 PM

A handful of talented players surrounded by very poor ones means they haven't had the chance to really showcase their talents. Moreover, Bolton have definitely had some of the worst injury luck all season... Mears and Lee both with broken legs in pre-season, Holden out for almost all of it, Muamba's freak injury... That's 4 important players already. Although most of their team is terrible who deserve to be in the championship.

I'd also take Chris Eagles while we're on the subject, a very talented player.

fulhamthroughandthrough

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on May 13, 2012, 10:59:11 PM
Quote from: Blingo on May 13, 2012, 10:26:03 PM

I'd also take Chris Eagles while we're on the subject, a very talented player.
god no, he is a show pony. championship fodder

valdeingruo

If anyone at all i would go for Holden, that seems to be the majority view on this board. However i dont see this coming as he seems like the kind of guy who would repay the club and its supporters that stuck with him through both of his injuries. The only way i see Mr Holden leaving is if the club sells to balance their books.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Holders

You've got to feel for them, though - up against West Brom with 10 mins to go last week, up against Stoke and two very dodgy decisions against them. Not that I have any interest in it apart from that lot down the road surviving by the skin of their teeth but I do respect a team with spirit which they've shown the last couple of games. Someone said above that they were a team with a handful of talented players surrounding by poor ones - sound familiar not so long ago, eh? Let's not be too smug.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Burt

Anyone for Zat Knight?

094.gif

HatterDon

Quote from: Tonywa on May 13, 2012, 07:08:53 PM
Many congratulations to media darling Owen Coyle.  Having got Burnley relegated a couple of seasons back, he moved to Bolton where he repeated the procedure.  Brilliant.

a bit harsh, isn't it? Coyle lost Holden [last season's player of the year] for about 2/3ds of the season. He also lost Lee [the previous season's player of the year] for the entire season. Then he lost Muamba. That's 3/4ths of his first-choice midfield. If none of them is injured, Bolton stay up easily.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

valdeingruo

Quote from: HatterDon on May 14, 2012, 08:29:28 AM

a bit harsh, isn't it? Coyle lost Holden [last season's player of the year] for about 2/3ds of the season. He also lost Lee [the previous season's player of the year] for the entire season. Then he lost Muamba. That's 3/4ths of his first-choice midfield. If none of them is injured, Bolton stay up easily.

I tend to agree, they lost their midfield engine in Holden.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on May 14, 2012, 08:29:28 AM

I think the point is that Coyle got 0% flak from the media for the terrible Bolton side that just went down. Compared to every other manager who was in and around there, he seemingly got off scot free.

Obviously they had some injuries, but they were awful. The Bolton team that turned up to the cottage was the worst I have seen this season, aimless hoofball. Considering that Coyle was touted as a manager who liked to play the right way, I was surprised they were so awful

Fulham Far East

Just posted in the other topic, but I think Lee would be a good signing. If he didn't break his leg, Bolton would have done much better this season. Quick and hard working, still relatively young as well.