watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old sod's army

Started by bog, January 27, 2010, 03:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Is it me? Why do we seem to be so enept away from home? Powder puff peformances are our speciality. It aint just this season but for years and years we have been the same. Back in the 60's we were just the same. My first ever away game was at Luton in about 1959...and we lost 4-1 then. And they wonder why we do not have a big away following....

Lighthouse

Stockport we 4-1, Halifax 8-0. Those were the days. We tried to go forward in those days. Mind you we were in the third division.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

I was there for that 4-1 at Stockport, just after the 8-0 at Halifax. Steve Earle scored another 3 at Edgley Park after 5 at The Shay and if it was not for their keeper Alan Ogley he would have scored more than 5! Great journey home and memories. 

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 27, 2010, 03:36:59 PM
Stockport we 4-1, Halifax 8-0. Those were the days. We tried to go forward in those days. Mind you we were in the third division.

I was there for both. I only missed one away game that season when the car broke down on the way to Plymouth.

At Halifax it really was 8 shots, 8 goals. Not a typical Fulham away performance

Lighthouse

Why didn't you wave?

In those days Edgely Park Stockport was a real shock to the system. I remember a wooden fence with turnstiles  but no doubt it was a little better than that. But yes I remember one goal still from that game. A shot from a long way out. As time goes on it becomes further and further out. I still have the programme somewhere.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

I did but you probably didn't see me for the fog.

Fernhurst

I wasn't there - bit of lightweight over the years I reckon!!!

I did see the 10-1 though.

bog

Tonygilroy, you were at Halifax? What a night that must have been. I was round my girl friend of the time and the results came up and I choked on me late night cup of tea!

HatterDon

on the other hand, ask Man City about our road form. 8 goals and 7 points in the last three seasons.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel