watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gary Neville to coach England

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, May 14, 2012, 02:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Nice appointment by Roy. Wonder if he chatted to Fergie since Neville was always his player-manager

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/2012/neville-appointed-to-coaching-staff-140512

White Noise

Excellent move on so many levels. Clearly going to make a very good coach/manager, is respected within the game, knows almost all the current players very well and has the caps and medals to lay down the law.

west kowloon white

"going to make"perhaps the crux-no experience , good pundrity -him and Ray Lew-this is going to end in tears.
But Malaga in the Champions league-BRILLIANT.

Bassey the warrior

Good appointment. Shame to lose the one pundit who knows what he's talking about though.

Ordar

I personally think that this is a great appointment. I was actually surprised that he wasnt approached by Man U to join the coaching staff there.

As I've repeatedly said, I never liked him as a player, but he has been nothing short of a revalation as a commentator and pundit. His analysis work is first class. He seems very level headed and obviously has tremendous insight into the game.

Hopefully he'll stay on at Sky aswell, as its nice to actually listen to someone who isnt a moron!

Will be very interesting to see how his coaching career progresses. To have learnt from Ferguson and Hodgson is a fantastic experience for him.

I wish him luck for his new role.

Holders

Very astute from Roy, a good import into the England set-up who'll ensure that Roy gets the respect he deserves in the dressing room.

If 'Arry had got the job he'd probably have appointed Joey Barton...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Everything he has done thus far has been world class. He's got a man he's worked with before in Ray Lewington, someone he trusts and Gary Neville's analysis on Monday Night Football has been very impressive, he knows his stuff and will help with the organisational skills that Roy Hodgson already possesses.

White Noise

There is talk of Gareth Southgate getting a role. What are people's thoughts on his suitability?

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: White Noise on May 14, 2012, 04:05:33 PM
There is talk of Gareth Southgate getting a role. What are people's thoughts on his suitability?

He's a leader, no doubt about it, I have faith in Roy Hodgson and therefore faith in his decisions. Would like to see Alan Shearer on board.

King_Crud

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on May 14, 2012, 04:13:37 PM

He's a leader, no doubt about it, I have faith in Roy Hodgson and therefore faith in his decisions. Would like to see Alan Shearer on board.

I'd like to see Alan Shearer on a train into the sunset and never hear of him again, either on tv or in a coaching role

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on May 14, 2012, 04:13:37 PM

Alan Shearer?

Are you serious? My left testicle has more nous than that idiot.

MJG

What a left field choice really. And fair dues to Gary as well, because he has been very honest in his analysis of players this year and sure he upset a few.

Interesting as well because on MNF last week he did a segment on how england should not play 442 and in straight lines.hmmm how will Roy play it.

leonffc

Quote from: MJG on May 14, 2012, 04:36:33 PM
What a left field choice really. And fair dues to Gary as well, because he has been very honest in his analysis of players this year and sure he upset a few.

Interesting as well because on MNF last week he did a segment on how england should not play 442 and in straight lines.hmmm how will Roy play it.

Haha when he was drawing his grid on the 442 and saying how rigid it was, all I could think of was us under Roy (I know it worked). I hope roy goes in a bit more 'modern' with his set up.
The media seem to think its a great choice of assistant too.
Well done gary Neville!! Ive never liked him but have warmed to him since he's been on Sky. far more unbias than expected and he has UEFA A and B licences so fair play.