News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - How Do You Think The HaHa's Will Fare Next Season?

Started by White Noise, May 14, 2012, 02:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJH

From The Guardian:

The incident is the latest controversy to blight the 29-year-old's career and the prospect of him being suspended well into next season – as well as his onerous £80,000-a-week wages [?!] and his reputation – could prove a major hindrance to QPR's attempts to sell the midfielder from the playing staff.

I think "could prove a major hindrance" could be a major understatement 064.gif. QPR have too many players who need moving out, an absurdist 'wage' structure, and while they may finally get a proper training ground they still play at Loftus Road.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 15, 2012, 09:16:01 AM
The way I see it - any success (top 10) and Hughes will be instantly scouting about for a better job

Most likely they will be comfortable mid table.

So we want them, and Hughes, to do well, so that Hughes gets a better job and the QPRs are ffffffed in the rrrrrrsss?

Is it called cost-benefit analysis when you have to decide the amount of pain you're willing to endure (Hughes being a success) to achieve a certain amount of pleasure (QPR going down)?

Willard

I think that Hughes has found a club to match his ambition - at least for the next three years.

I think the Mittals and their money will stay with QPR long term and they will finance improvements in facilities, infrastructure and personnel.

On the latter point Hughes will have a major clear out this summer. Joey Barton, I suspect, will be one of the first departures.

QPR and Hughes have the money, I believe, to bring in some very good talent. Hughes will have his eyes on some Fulham players and, while it might be a bit of a wind up, Stockdale to QPR would be a good move from his point of view - he wouldn't be warming the bench for Paddy Kenny!

QPR will finish mid-table in 2012-13.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 15, 2012, 09:33:00 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 15, 2012, 09:16:01 AM
The way I see it - any success (top 10) and Hughes will be instantly scouting about for a better job

Most likely they will be comfortable mid table.

So we want them, and Hughes, to do well, so that Hughes gets a better job and the QPRs are ffffffed in the rrrrrrsss?

Is it called cost-benefit analysis when you have to decide the amount of pain you're willing to endure (Hughes being a success) to achieve a certain amount of pleasure (QPR going down)?

I'm not sure how good a manager Hughes really is. He is a good mid table manager, but his success with Blackburn came before there were 6 teams fighting it out for the Champions League with megabucks. He failed at Man City (man city fans I talked to when I was in Manchester last season really did not rate him) no matter what sympathy should be derived from how he was fired.

The problem is, Hughes is a stable manager who can turn QPR into a stable club. If they lose him, they then have to negotiate the dangerous waters of getting a new manager in. My hope is that Hughes leaves either because he has done well or because the investment that Fernandes has promised fails to materialise.

Ultimately though, QPR can't really hope to achieve more than where Fulham are right now. They dont have the infrastructure (training ground, youth academy) nor the wealth to go for the Champions League and Fernandes has said he is looking for the club to be self sufficient.

I would discount all the big talk from the owner/manager/players/fans of QPR because the fact is, despite having a wage bill that must be close to ours, they stayed up by 1 point because of the awfulness of other teams. There is a glass ceiling for teams like Fulham and QPR, we have started to bang our head against it, but QPR remain a long way behind.

b+w geezer

If they can stick around long enough then they can gradually turn into what we have done, but it's a long haul to become solid not just at first team level but also at the different age-groups and in infrastructure. Even having done that, we always fear we are no more than one bad season away from being back in the mire. Same will apply to QPR until they are radically different sized club, which is probably never.

Don't expect the bad season for them to be the next one, but another will soon enough occur, so they need to get cracking on the infrastructure and sub-first-team developments. If they do, then not of course good luck to them exactly, but fair play. Hard work's just beginning.