News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - How Do You Think The HaHa's Will Fare Next Season?

Started by White Noise, May 14, 2012, 02:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

For those who care or are inclined to pass comment, what sort of business od you see them doing transfer wise and how do you think they will do & where finish next season?

The Equalizer

If you believe Mark Hughes from his interview yesterday, then they'll finish Premier League Champions.

I think they'll be relegated.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

DukeTyrion

Sadly, I think they will finish around 14th, although I am hoping they will take 18th or 19th spot (I have reserved 20th for Stoke).

Jambo

Unfortunately you would have to believe they will have equal if not probably more money than us to spend in the Summer.  Can see them mid table next season
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

The Equalizer

Quote from: Jambo on May 14, 2012, 02:57:00 PM
Unfortunately you would have to believe they will have equal if not probably more money than us to spend in the Summer.  Can see them mid table next season

Why? Their wage bill is 183% of their current turnover and they're loaded to the hilt with debt. Fernandes might be loaded, but he's not an idiot. Actually, he might be having bought QPR.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Walsh

if Moussa and Clint go and we don't get anybody decent out of it I can see us finishing below them, next year is a big year for Fulham! if we can finish top half again then I think we could attract bigger players and move up in the Premiership and possibly fight for europa league.

White Noise

Unfortunately you would have to believe they will have equal if not probably more money than us to spend in the Summer.  Can see them mid table next season

I agree. That was the once chance to see them down. I agree with Hughes that they won't be down there again while he is there. He got some pretty impressive results out of a very ramshackle side. Once he has got his own players in I think they will be comfortably mid table next season and maybe top 10.

They have just made a training ground announcement that won't come cheap -

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2012/05/queens-park-rangers-warren-farm-training-ground/

I reckon two or three more Fulham players will move across this Summer and QPR will spend more in net terms than us this year. There was a wind up post on TIFF this morning saying that Stockdale is going to QPR. But its not such a mad idea from his point of view.

Next seasons games against them should certainly be more competitive.

Jambo

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 14, 2012, 03:02:35 PM
Unfortunately you would have to believe they will have equal if not probably more money than us to spend in the Summer.  Can see them mid table next season

Why? Their wage bill is 183% of their current turnover and they're loaded to the hilt with debt. Fernandes might be loaded, but he's not an idiot. Actually, he might be having bought QPR.

I don't believe for one minute that Tony Fernandes finances QPR he is actually only worth £350m which in football terms is not a lot.  They have announced today that they have brought Warren Farm and of course talk of a new stadium, this isn't coming from TF pocket.  They do however have Amit Bhatia on the board who is married into the Mittels (one of the richest families in the world) who also have a place on the board.  They are most certainly bankrolling this "project".  TF is the front man.

@jambohunt

The Equalizer

Quote from: Jambo on May 14, 2012, 03:19:51 PM

I don't believe for one minute that Tony Fernandes finances QPR he is actually only worth £350m which in football terms is not a lot.  They have announced today that they have brought Warren Farm and of course talk of a new stadium, this isn't coming from TF pocket.  They do however have Amit Bhatia on the board who is married into the Mittels (one of the richest families in the world) who also have a place on the board.  They are most certainly bankrolling this "project".  TF is the front man.

Warren Farm? There goes my childhood... bastards.

The Mittals have been trying to distance themselves somewhat from the club, certainly after the Briatore affair. I doubt they'll be around for all that long.

Jambo

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 14, 2012, 03:25:20 PM

I don't believe for one minute that Tony Fernandes finances QPR he is actually only worth £350m which in football terms is not a lot.  They have announced today that they have brought Warren Farm and of course talk of a new stadium, this isn't coming from TF pocket.  They do however have Amit Bhatia on the board who is married into the Mittels (one of the richest families in the world) who also have a place on the board.  They are most certainly bankrolling this "project".  TF is the front man.

The Mittals have been trying to distance themselves somewhat from the club, certainly after the Briatore affair. I doubt they'll be around for all that long.

I hope so.  Having said that they were at their last league game and The Bhatia fella seems well into it.  They have to be getting their money from somewhere, its certainly not from gate receipts!

@jambohunt

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Depends what they do in the summer, in my opinion, they currently have a better squad than someone like Stoke City. It's not a bad team, and once they gel together, I would be surprised if they are still in a relegation battle.

As we all know, they are minted and have the huge wage budget to spend silly. Not good long term but could give them short term success. They need to improve the defence including the keeper. I wouldn't be surprised if they do finish mid-table, they are a better version of West Ham.

HatterDon

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 14, 2012, 02:35:31 PM
If you believe Mark Hughes from his interview yesterday, then they'll finish Premier League Champions.

I think they'll be relegated.

EQ, I missed the interview where Hughes said QPR will win the BPL next season. Got a link?

I think they'll do okay. We might get six points again, but it won't be by seven clear goals. I NEVER expect the planets to align in the fashion they did when we beat them 6-0. I have never seen us have a day like that -- when absolutely everthing we tried worked.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulham traveller

I think that was the biggest season in rangers history, if they went down they woulsd of never came back and the money men disapear, now I think they will finish 8th, hughes is arrogant but a good manager, shame bolton were harshly treated by foy, but they should of beat west brom

RidgeRider

:54:...totally agree. Might be the first time I have ever agreed with EQ...mostly because he is threatening to move to the  starsnstripes.  :dft012: so I have to be nice and agree with everything he says.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Hatter here it is
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18053670#asset

I have always believed Mark Hughes is a great football  manager (six out of seven dwarfs said they were not grumpy)
Sorry peeps ............the HaHa will finish 7th or 8th

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 14, 2012, 03:25:20 PM

I don't believe for one minute that Tony Fernandes finances QPR he is actually only worth £350m which in football terms is not a lot.  They have announced today that they have brought Warren Farm and of course talk of a new stadium, this isn't coming from TF pocket.  They do however have Amit Bhatia on the board who is married into the Mittels (one of the richest families in the world) who also have a place on the board.  They are most certainly bankrolling this "project".  TF is the front man.

I can't tell you how much I hope Warren Farm bankrupts them, and it goes back to being used all day Sat and Sun on all 20 odd pitches by local teams. Still it's handy for Ealing Hospital when Barton expresses his displeasure during training.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

HatterDon

Quote from: KCat on May 14, 2012, 10:56:09 PM
Hatter here it is
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18053670#asset

I have always believed Mark Hughes is a great football  manager (six out of seven dwarfs said they were not grumpy)
Sorry peeps ............the HaHa will finish 7th or 8th

thanks for the link, Ms Cat. He NEVER said that they would win the league next season or any season. What he said was:

a. his aim is to make QPR a successfull club AND
b. "We won't be involved in this end of the table next season." He said that twice.

I didn't think he was idiot enough to say QPR would win the league.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

As WN said, that was the one chance to see them down, and how close it was! I do think Bolton were robbed.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

I think they will do fine 11-14 with around 43-45 pta. Beat chance for them to go down has been missed.
The next hope is that they go to live the dream and they go bust.

AlFayedsChequebook

The way I see it - any success (top 10) and Hughes will be instantly scouting about for a better job

Most likely they will be comfortable mid table.