News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why couldn't he have done the same for us?

Started by Bassey the warrior, May 14, 2012, 03:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7755759/Hodgson-sad-to-leave-Baggies

The one gripe I have with Roy is he never thanked us as a club. He did great things here but nevertheless he couldn't have done it without the support of his chairman and willingness of his players, as well as the love of the fans. I personally feel it was a big mistake on his part not to thank the club and to recognize we were pivotal to him getting the job.

epsomraver

I think you will find in many interviews that he did.

HatterDon

Roy left us as the last minute for what he perceived to be a prettier girl.

Roy left WBA with their blessing for a job nobody would blame him for wanting.

Different situation all round.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

timmyg

Quote from: HatterDon on May 14, 2012, 04:18:17 PM

Leaving for Liverpool on July 1 is hardly the last minute. Ask Villa fans about Martin O'Neill.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: epsomraver on May 14, 2012, 03:54:16 PM
I think you will find in many interviews that he did.
What interviews? I've been trawling through the internet and found no such interview.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: HatterDon on May 14, 2012, 04:18:17 PM

It wasn't last minute, it was a long drawn out affair and was simply a question of sorting out a fee. Anyway he could've thanked us at any point.

Gozorich

Quote from: The Moose on May 14, 2012, 03:16:01 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7755759/Hodgson-sad-to-leave-Baggies

The one gripe I have with Roy is he never thanked us as a club. He did great things here but nevertheless he couldn't have done it without the support of his chairman and willingness of his players, as well as the love of the fans. I personally feel it was a big mistake on his part not to thank the club and to recognize we were pivotal to him getting the job.

Glad someone else said that. It's the only thing I hold against him.

Sector9

I think it's two very different situations. His job with us had come to an end in a way, he was bitterly disappointed by the Europa defeat and I feel that hung over his head. WBA is a job unfinished as far as he is concerned.