watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

sticks and stones

Started by alfie, March 30, 2010, 05:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

After my self imposed excile from this board, i have decided it is time that i returned. I unfortunately let a couple of silly posters get me all riled up. The insults were actually quite tame but i just thought i did not want to see that. Now people can say what they want and if i don't like it then i will just ignore it and treat nasty comments with the contempt they deserve.

Anyway look forward once again to air MY view and opinions and share them with you good folks

COYW's :048:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jimpav

Good on you mate, no point cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I wouldn't worry to much about what was said previously. People on this board are pretty friendly and if they say things that sound harsh then it's probably because they care about the club.

Welcome back!

Lighthouse

As somebody who is insulted on a regular basis I can understand your feelings of betrayal. I myself on more than one occasion have been drawn to the World of self loathing and disgust, only to realise all the those who insulted me are the ones who are stinky poo and moronic insects.

On the other this is just an MB, a very good MB and one that fills my empty existence, but just an MB. There are wise and intelligent things said, even if in argument, if people resort to personal insult, they have already lost the debate.

Now Sod Off you self important..... I mean enjoy it for what it is.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...alfie, all the replies you have received so far are correct.

A) It is just a message board
B) People get passionate about certain issues from time to time, but the level of personal abuse is minimal
C) As a member of this message board you are entitled to your opinion - and even if people disagree with it, they should respect your point of view.
D) There have been some points of view I have disagreed with on here, but I have learned to take a back step and to see if there is any validity to the points made, and I can understand why they say what they have said - sometimes I find myself agreeing with them.

I hope you do carry on posting, the MB should be a welcome distraction - not something to cause consternation..*

*unless you are a Moderator.. :005:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mrska

Welcome back Alfie.. look forward to your content..

CorkCity

Give it a rest alfie ,you dont stop moaning !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

leonffc

RidgeRider

Glad you're back Alfie. I like LB-won's advice and Mr. Lighthouse has suffered a lot of flack at times so he speaks from experience. Best to step back sometimes and realize you may have caught somebody in a moment and move on.

blingo

:007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007: :007:  :59: :59: :59: :dft012:

alfie

Quote from: leonffc on March 30, 2010, 06:51:22 PM
was it me?    :022:

No leonffc was not you,
topic finished now, :54:  moving on and upwards.

Cheers for all the words chaps
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Logicalman

Quote from: leonffc on March 30, 2010, 06:51:22 PM
was it me?    :022:

Dunno, but if you want to put yourself forward, I'll even open the door for you  :005:

Vinnieffc

Good onya Alfie.. The more intelligent intellect we get on here the better.. Welcome back Kind Sir..

KCat

ALFIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  what's it all about ??????  (I like a good song,   I do)

Alfie ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It's far better being insulted than being ignored, I should know  :dft012:  

CorkedHat

There are people in this world, Alfie, whose opinions you can respect. There are others whose opinions are no more worthy than yours.
There are also people with whom you are never going to agree and I can respect this too, but the way that they disagree with you is the key.
During the height of our bush fires last year I was asked by a poster if I could provide him with any details about an outer Melbourne suburb because he had relatives living there whom he couldn't contact and was justifiably worried.
I was able to assure him that the fire had not reached the area where his relatives lived and the reason they were not contactable had nothing to do with the bush fires.
Some cretinous individual took the opportunity to say that the bush fires had nothing to do with Fulham and Aussies dying over there was not our concern.
Of course this person is entitled to his opinion, as warped and ill mannered as it is, but it was not his aggression that determined I would never post on their board again.
Over the years I have had some wonderful verbal battles with OW and if I'm honest I quite miss the exchanges even now.
But what the anti Aussie poster illustrated and is something that I cannot tolerate is that they sink to a level of intelligence and intellect to which I cannot equate. It is like talking to a chimpanzee at a tea party.
To be honest, Alfie, I have never seen this on this MB. Mind you I was absent myself for three months so I have no idea what it was that irked you – it wasn't something Tom said was it?
My first day back and Tom accused me of being drunk and/or mad. This was terribly unfair as I was heavily medicated and I was probably both, but it hurt me terribly when he pointed it out on this MB. I am desperately attempting to suppress my drinking and madness and he reveals it in one hit. NURSE!!!
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

GoldCoastWhite

I hope you do carry on posting, the MB should be a welcome distraction - not something to cause consternation..*

Have you tried prune juice LB ?? And welcome back Alfie !

blingo

CorkedHat

Quote from: blingo on March 31, 2010, 09:24:51 AM
IT WAS ME CH

Mea Culpa claims Mr Blingo all the way from Sunny Spain. Don't tell me that Alfie had something nasty to say about our mutual hero Mr Macedo from the Rock? Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. I will never agree with Mr Gilroy that the Billy Bunter of the Football League, Adam Blacklaw (RIP) was anything but a teletubby pretending to be a goalkeeper, but his views (Mr Gilroy not Blacklaw who probably never had any views) are as legitimate as anyone else's.
i have long given up worrying what people say about me - most of their defamation is true anyway. The trick is not to allow their criticism or abuse to get to you.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

alfie

Ok lets put this baby to bed once and for all, i took exception to a couple of comments that should really have had no effect at all, i was just surprised to get that type of response on here, after years on the other board, they were not real nasty comments i just got riled by them and threw my toys out of the pram.
I was recently told that if during an argument/discussion insulting or rude comments were made then that person did not have an argument, so i picked up my toys and laughed.

Please It is finished now and no need for any further comments
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't