News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Trotta Be Next Season's Breakthrough Kid?

Started by White Noise, May 14, 2012, 09:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Trotta's Striking Accolade

Monday 14th May 2012

Fulham striker Marcello Trotta finished the 2011/12 campaign as the second highest scorer in the Barclays Premier Reserve League. Trotta netted 15 times for Fulham's Development Squad over the course of the season. Only Manchester United's David Keane could better Trotta's tally with 16 goals. 

Trotta started the 2011/12 campaign with a five goal haul against Bolton's Reserve team in the third game of the season before scoring four times against Norwich at Motspur Park in early October.

The Italian's second place finish in the Barclays Premier Reserve League scoring charts is all the more impressive considering the striker spent from November until mid-January on loan at Wycombe Wanderers, where he netted eight times in eight games.

Following his return from Wycombe, Trotta continued to find the net for Fulham's Development Squad as Ray Lewington's team secured second place in the Barclays Premier Reserve League South.

Trotta's form for Fulham's Development Squad in 2011/12 earned him a place in Martin Jol's matchday squad and Jol handed the striker his First Team debut against Everton in the FA Cup in January.

The striker then made his Barclays Premier League debut for Fulham as a second half substitute against Bolton Wanderers on the 7th April and featured on Fulham's bench for the final match of the 2011/12 campaign at White Hart Lane last weekend.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/TrottaStrikingAccolade.aspx#ixzz1usPRkiZV

White Noise

Academy Internationals

Monday 14th May 2012

After being crowned 2011/12 Academy League Champions at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon, there was further good news for three members of Kit Symons' U18 team.

Omri Altman, Season Kavanagh and Jack Grimmer (right) have been called up for U19 international duty following Saturday's historic win in SW6.

Altman has been selected to represent Israel U19s in their European Championship Elite Round Qualifying Matches, which will take place between 24th and 31st May.

Kavanagh has been selected to represent Republic of Ireland U19s in their UEFA Elite Phase Qualifying Matches taking place between the 20th May and the 1st June.

Scottish youth international Grimmer has been selected to play in the 59th ADO Den Haag Youth Tournament taking place between the 22nd and 27th May.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/May/AcademyInternational.aspx#ixzz1usQNQyAD

Matt Inglis

Don't see him getting much playing time at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing in Italy in the not so distant future.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

HatterDon

I'd prefer to start Trotta or Sa than Pogrebnyak -- Sa is probably the best of all our strikers now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bassey the warrior

Possibly, I think he will go out on loan again first though.

MJG

Must admit I don't see it from Sa to be honest. So depending on the formation Jol expects to play and depending on Dempsey staying or going I would.like to see Trotta as third/fourth choice and not out on loan.
If Dempsey goes and we sign Pig I still think we need another striker who could be first choice. We would want a Johnson type forward seeing as Pog, Sa and Trotta are similar type players. Frei could also play off a striker up front as well if we are willing to give that a go.

TonyGilroy

It would help Sa's case if he could stay fit.

I like and rate Pog. I hope he signs and I'm sure we'll sign another striker to replace AJ.

Dempsey will leave a gap but I suspect that's when Ruiz will come to the party. Dempsey's free role playing around a striker and getting into the box at the right time could be made for him.

Trotta? Who knows. He'll get some game time in pre season and maybe he'll show promise.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on May 15, 2012, 08:54:01 AM

It would help Sa's case if he could stay fit.

I like and rate Pog. I hope he signs and I'm sure we'll sign another striker to replace AJ.

Dempsey will leave a gap but I suspect that's when Ruiz will come to the party. Dempsey's free role playing around a striker and getting into the box at the right time could be made for him.

Trotta? Who knows. He'll get some game time in pre season and maybe he'll show promise.

The departure of Dempsey will be the making of Ruiz. Our current problem is that fitting them both in means we get a lack of both defensive cover and width.