watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tevez and that sign - Fergie RIP

Started by CorkedHat, May 15, 2012, 03:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Tevez is reprimanded for carrying a sign that every non- Man United fan would love to have carried. Are we getting too soft and politically correct or do we need to show good manners and decorum at all times, even though we may not mean it?
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

west kowloon white

Absolutely ridiculous-poltical corectness gone mad-has nobody got a sense of humour anymore?bring on Mealy mouthed Milliband -not.

nevzter

Maybe too PC, but demonstrates a total lack of class - but given the person in question, I hardly am surprised.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Blingo

PC would have no place in a Blingoistic society

AlFayedsChequebook

This has got very little to do with 'political correctness' as much as the usual suspect want it to be.

I dont have a problem with the sign, but I guess that those in manchester see it as unnecessary provocation between two clubs where tensions are running high.

Fulham1959

Quote from: nevzter on May 15, 2012, 05:39:05 AM
Maybe too PC, but demonstrates a total lack of class - but given the person in question, I hardly am surprised.

Agreed.

Walsh

He shouldn't have done that, Fergy is probably the greatest manager to ever live and he made Tevez what he is today.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

All I'm saying is that it was directed at Sir Alex Ferguson saying "City will win the league over my dead body." It was a joke, yes maybe Tevez should have won with grace but I don't think he should be punished for it, that's just not having a sense of humour.

HatterDon

Please note that the police did not arrest Tevez; the magistrate did not charge him.

This is not "Political Correctness." This is a mega-corporation chastising an employee for actions likely to reflect badly on the corporation. He would have been similarly reprimanded for wearing scuba gear on the bus, or toking on a doobie when the trophy was lifted.

Some folk need to get over themselves.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

I think it would have been worse if City had lost, then it would look like Tevez wanted Fergie dead so that they coukd win the cup next year. With City winning the cup it just looks like Tevez is just having a laugh. I agree the reprimand is more likely a corporate image thing, doubt if Fergie himself is insulted, probably thinking RIP Mancini!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Plain dumb, more than anything else.

If he engaged his brain beforehand I am sure he would have thought better of it.