Andrei Arshavin To Fulham?

Started by White Noise, May 15, 2012, 02:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blingo

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 15, 2012, 06:45:07 PM
Quote from: Blingo on May 15, 2012, 05:35:16 PM
Too old and too expensive. End of really. :dead horse:

Mahamadou Diarra?

Different class and less demand on wages m8.

Burt

I thought he was the dogs wotsits at one stage, I remember watching him score 3 or 4 goals at Anfield once, absolutely awesome display.

He seems to have gone off the boil over the last couple of seasons.

He is a confidence player, and you just get the feeling that if he has supportive team mates and a crowd that are on his side then it may just re-ignite his career.

Burt

twang

Boost up his confidence, play him behind the striker and I believe Arshavin will shine again. Just don't stick him out on a wing like Wenger did.

Doubt he'll come here though.

JimmyDunnesBum

He's been awful for so long , I can't believe that any Prem team wants to sign him.

White Noise

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/fulham-linked-to-arsenal-misfit-1429592.html

Fulham linked to Arsenal misfit

Fulham, 18:14, May 15, 2012

Fulham are understood to be considering a move to team Andriy Arshavin up with Pavel Pogrebnyak again next season.

The Arsenal forward is on loan at Zenit St Petersburg, the club where he grew up and made a name for himself as a foil for Russian teammate Pogrebnyak.

The 30-year-old forward is unsure whether he will return to the Gunners next season, and will instead delay discussions on his future until after Euro 2012 as he prepares to captain his country at the finals.

Reports in Russia claim Fulham are looking into a deal to reunite Pogrebnyak with Arshavin but the wage package to lure him across London could be a huge sticking point.

Martin Jol is on the lookout for a schemer to play in behind Pogrebnyak next term and there will surely be cheaper options available.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Blingo on May 15, 2012, 07:26:52 PM

Different class
I highly doubt that. Arshavin was world class when he was at Zenit and during the EURO 2008. And in his first Arsenal years. He always flourished when played next to Pog.

Diarra was utter crap at Monaco and during his last Madrid year as well. Now he's class.

tommyffc

Play him behind a striker and he is better than any other player we could attract. Was always shoved out wide at Arsenal and had no desire to play there. Wouldn't mind him and Ruiz fighting for the #10 spot behind Pog.