more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andrei Arshavin To Fulham?

Started by White Noise, May 15, 2012, 02:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Chris Gilbertson‏ @ChrisGilbertson

SovSport claim Fulham are interested in signing Andrei Arshavin once his loan at Zenit St Petersburg expires. #ffc #arsenal

ToodlesMcToot

Very talented player, when motivated. I just don't see how maaaaaybe playing for the chance to qualify for Europa is going to motivate a player who seemed disinterested in helping his former team qualify for Champions Lge.

Couldn't,and shouldn't afford his wages anyway.  So, no.

Granted, I haven't seen any of his play for Zenit.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mr Fulham

Motivation could be his big pal Pog. They're something like best friends and training alongside him could be a real motivation for him.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 15, 2012, 02:36:49 PM
Very talented player, when motivated. I just don't see how maaaaaybe playing for the chance to qualify for Europa is going to motivate a player who seemed disinterested in helping his former team qualify for Champions Lge.

Couldn't,and shouldn't afford his wages anyway.  So, no.

Granted, I haven't seen any of his play for Zenit.

He's been in great form in his return to Zenit... looking like getting back to his best... probably wont reach it as he is nearing 31.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on May 15, 2012, 02:47:10 PM

He's been in great form in his return to Zenit... looking like getting back to his best... probably wont reach it as he is nearing 31.

Arguably been their best player too since his return.

It's not happening.

Bassey the warrior

Never impressed me at Arsenal though he was played out of position. I can only see him making the move to Zenit permanent.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 15, 2012, 02:44:10 PM
Motivation could be his big pal Pog. They're something like best friends and training alongside him could be a real motivation for him.

I considered that possibility, but wasn't sure about it. I'd reconsider my opinion based upon his performance w Zenit and an agreeable reduction in his wages. He'd be a very expensive player for us I would imagine.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

He started brightly for the gunners, but over his last 18 months with the club he had about 3 good matches.

He would be a step down.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

The advantage is that we dont have to rush to sign him before the transfer deadline, instead pondering it for a while. We can always get him 3 days after it has passed and blame Russian fax machines

Mr Fulham

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quality footballer, just got hounded out a bit by Arsenal fans. He was the scapegoat for their poor run of form, newspapers were hopping on the criticsm which in turn made more Arsenal supporters and neutrals criticise. He has talent, and if we could prize him away from Zenit, it would NOT be a bad signing. Would be a good replacement for Dempsey while we wait for Frei and Kacaniklic to gain experience and maturity on the pitch (although arguably no lack of maturity or fitting in has been shown so far).

HatterDon

HatterDon

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on May 15, 2012, 04:37:46 PM
Quality footballer, just got hounded out a bit by Arsenal fans. He was the scapegoat for their poor run of form, newspapers were hopping on the criticsm which in turn made more Arsenal supporters and neutrals criticise. He has talent, and if we could prize him away from Zenit, it would NOT be a bad signing. Would be a good replacement for Dempsey while we wait for Frei and Kacaniklic to gain experience and maturity on the pitch (although arguably no lack of maturity or fitting in has been shown so far).

He was hounded by the Arsenal supporters not only for his lack of form, but also because he hardly raised a sweat while playing poorly. I'm glad he's doing well in Russia; I'd be very pleased if he stayed there if the alternative would be to come to us.

LRCN

if we lose demps and we can get arshavin on favourable terms i'd be pretty pleased. dude's so talented.

SJH

His first year or so at Arsenal he was amazing to watch. He lost form, then interest seemingly / the support turned on him (chicken / egg which came first).

He's a very talented footballer if things are going for him: never in the world would it be a step down for us if Arshavin were to sign and wanted to be with us. I'd be surprised if he doesn't stay at Zenit, though.

fulhamben

he has said on many occasions that he hates london
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Blingo

Too old and too expensive. End of really. :dead horse:

SJH

Quote from: fulhamben on May 15, 2012, 05:32:33 PM
he has said on many occasions that he hates london

Footballers say all sorts of things, though: he's supposed to have persuaded Pogrebnyak to come to us, and they're meant to be friends! Can't see it happening, though, but would be excited if it happened if a bit wary given the way things ended at Arsenal.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Blingo on May 15, 2012, 05:35:16 PM
Too old and too expensive. End of really. :dead horse:

Mahamadou Diarra?

Ag

If the Russians put as little effort into defending in football as they do in hockey (KHL), then no, his numbers are inflated and no indication of an increase in effort/desire.  Arshavin at Arsenal reminded me of quite a few Russians in the NHL, willing to go for goal and play pretty football but backed down too easily when someone d'ed him up or got physical with him.

That's not meant to be an indictment of all Russians, btw.