watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2011-2012 Quiz

Started by BarryP, May 15, 2012, 03:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryP

For the Premier League season six Fulham players finished with a double digit ratio of shots on goal to shots, goals to shots and goals to shots on goal.  Can you name them without looking at a roster or stat sheet?  
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

HatterDon

Quote from: BarryP on May 15, 2012, 03:41:58 PM
For the Premier League season five Fulham players finished with a double digit ratio of shots on goal to shots, goals to shots and goals to shots on goal.  Can you name them without looking at a roster or stat sheet? 

I'm confused about "double-digit ratio" -- are you telling me that only 5 players achieved a ratio of 1/10 in all three of these categories? Or in one category?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BarryP

Only six managed better than 1 in 10 for all three of the categories.

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

HatterDon

If we're not talking about a minimum number of attempts, I'd go with:

Dempsey
Pogrebnyak
AJ
Sa
Duff AND
Zamora

Did I get ANY of them right?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Ag

Saw this on my phone and had to take a stab at it.

Dempsey
Pog
Senderos
Diarra
&...did Hughes get one this year?  If not, I'll go with Ruiz.  He doesn't seem to take too many swipes at net.

BarryP

Quote from: HatterDon on May 15, 2012, 06:25:41 PM
If we're not talking about a minimum number of attempts, I'd go with:

Dempsey - Correct
Pogrebnyak - Correct
AJ
Sa - Correct
Duff AND
Zamora - Correct

Did I get ANY of them right?

I was quite surprised that of the 2011-2012 goal scorers only Dembele and Sidwell had a worse goals to shots taken percentage than Duff who managed just 2 goals on 42 shots taken for a 4.8% conversion rate.

AJ was not a bad guess but fell just short of converting 1 in 11 shots for goals.

Sa made in by the skin of his teeth literally converting 1 in 10 shots.

Pog converted a phenomenal 86% of his shots on goal into talleys.

BarryP

Quote from: Ag on May 15, 2012, 06:45:06 PM
Saw this on my phone and had to take a stab at it.

Dempsey
Pog
Senderos - Correct
Diarra - Correct
&...did Hughes get one this year?  If not, I'll go with Ruiz.  He doesn't seem to take too many swipes at net.

Ag got the one that I thought might be difficult.  I couldn't remember the Senderos goal and I was surprised to see that he had a total of seven shots during the year.

Those were the 6 with AJ, Murphy and Ruiz falling just short.  The honor of the most 2011-2012 Fulham Premier League shots without a goal goes to JA Riise at 53 attempts.  He did however manage four assists.

Burt

I am looking forward to Riise scoring... That will be a moment to savour.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Burt on May 15, 2012, 08:26:55 PM

I would be willing to wait till the 82 minute at anfield with the score tied at 1-1 to watch Riise get his freekick touch back.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Burt on May 15, 2012, 08:26:55 PM
Definitely. RELEASE THE KRAKEN! yee-haw!