more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

would anyone take del piero for one season? wants to come england

Started by cottage cheese, May 15, 2012, 04:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

Quote from: cottage cheese on May 15, 2012, 04:53:27 PM
all this hate for walking goal machine.. il have you know that he has scored the same amount of goals as aj has in the league this year and more the year before...what difference does age make?????

No! No hate at all. I have the utmost respect for the guy, but at 38 years old he's never going to be able to fit himself to play in a league where the football is 10 times quicker and a lot harder (physically). I'd rather stick another 17 year old magician like Kerim Frei in the squad than roll out grandad Piero.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

EJL

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on May 15, 2012, 04:46:30 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 15, 2012, 04:43:36 PM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on May 15, 2012, 04:39:30 PM
Montella was good for us.... Imagine what Del Piero can do.

Montella was 32 when he was at Fulham....Del Piero is almost 38.

Good point Mr F.

Class never evaporates though ;)
Olivier Dacourt seemed to have lost the lot when he was with us briefly.

Bassey the warrior

Blingo

Crede15

Hopefully the rumors start to improve at some point. Wonderful player but this would be a bizarre move. No to Arshavin as well.

Willard

The heart says yes. The head says no.

As someone has already mentioned, an FFC shirt with 'Del Piero' on the back would be a wondrous thing.

One of my all time greats and, remember, he has appeared, albeit briefly, at The Cottage.

Fletchino

Yes get him. Under 21s get in the squad anyway so no waste of space

MJG

If anyone wants to scout him he's playing in the Italian cup final on ESPN.

cmg

Thought we were getting the new Del Piero, not the old one???

valdeingruo

Depends on the dealings in the transfer window. If we nail down the squad, see who comes and goes and are happy with who we have then no. However if we have the squad, have an open space and need a impact substitiution and someone to mentor the younger players then yes. No matter how classy a player is or how Fulham seems to revive or fit into older players careers I want younger players  with class and ability to want to see us as a viable club on the rise and trophys around the corner if they put in a good shift for us. We are transitioning from the "final paycheck" club to hopefully a regular cup contender.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cebu