watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

would anyone take del piero for one season? wants to come england

Started by cottage cheese, May 15, 2012, 04:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

worth a punt if wages are in our budget?

surely a quality impact sub and maybe coaching role for the likes of sa, trotta etc...

The Equalizer

He's older than Ryan Giggs isn't he? He's got two years on me certainly and I'm on the wrong side of 25.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

cottage cheese

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 15, 2012, 04:24:23 PM
He's older than Ryan Giggs isn't he? He's got two years on me certainly and I'm on the wrong side of 25.

i just think with all the youngsters we have, del piero could be such a good model for just a year. im only looking at our academy with all the talent and to have someone like him training can only be a good thing?

AlFayedsChequebook

I'd like it to happen just because then I could get a Fulham 'Del Piero' shirt

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 15, 2012, 04:27:29 PM

I'd love it, absolutely love it. He can still find the net at that age too.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

cottage cheese

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 15, 2012, 04:27:29 PM

would be up there with my mcbride shirt

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Alessandro Del Piero is one of the greatest ever. A total legend. I would love to see him play in the colour of Fulham, it's making me a tad emotional thinking about it now. He is amazing, definitely one of my favourite non-Fulham players ever. Total professional, a leader and he's an amazing footballer, did I say that already?

Juventus won the league this season without being beaten, and Del Piero at the age of 37, was doing this.

Alessandro Del Piero's last Goal VS Atalanta

theo

A thousand times yes. Would be so weird seeing him playing for someone other than Juve though.

ClarksOriginal

Montella was good for us.... Imagine what Del Piero can do.

@sonikkicks on Twitter.

HatterDon

This November he'll be 38. He's too damn old for the MLS for goodness sake.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cottage cheese

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on May 15, 2012, 04:39:30 PM

exactly with the players montella had around him imagine del piero being supplied from the likes of dembele, murphy,frei, dempsey (if he stays) etc.....ahhhhh it has to be a win win

Mr Fulham

Montella was 32 when he was at Fulham....Del Piero is almost 38.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 15, 2012, 04:43:36 PM

Montella was 32 when he was at Fulham....Del Piero is almost 38.

Good point Mr F.

Class never evaporates though ;)
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on May 15, 2012, 04:40:34 PM

Eggs Ackerly!

Plus, we only have room for 25 players in the squad. Would anyone want to turf out one of our promising youngsters in order to shoe-horn in an aging oldster who has never played professional football in England? There are many cases of footballers who have spent their entire careers in Italy coming to England and then not being able to compete because of the differences in the game. The oldest of those were usually around 30. What makes anyone think that a 38 year old can play the game on English soil? No matter how good he was 15 years ago.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

MJG

Not going to help much with the average age of the team is it?
38 in a lge he has never played in...he would find it tough.

HatterDon

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 15, 2012, 04:49:13 PM

Eggs Ackerly!

Plus, we only have room for 25 players in the squad. Would anyone want to turf out one of our promising youngsters in order to shoe-horn in an aging oldster who has never played professional football in England? There are many cases of footballers who have spent their entire careers in Italy coming to England and then not being able to compete because of the differences in the game. The oldest of those were usually around 30. What makes anyone think that a 38 year old can play the game on English soil? No matter how good he was 15 years ago.

He looks good on Football manager?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on May 15, 2012, 04:50:12 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on May 15, 2012, 04:49:13 PM

Eggs Ackerly!

He looks good on Football manager?

He looks like Don Rickles on Football Manager.

cottage cheese

all this hate for walking goal machine.. il have you know that he has scored the same amount of goals as aj has in the league this year and more the year before...what difference does age make?????

LRCN

great great player but not mobile enough to be a starter in this system.