watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Players Born In Fulham

Started by White Noise, May 16, 2012, 07:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timdraper

My great grandfather of the same name as me, Tim Draper and I believe cousin Ted Draper lived in Star Lane beside the ground . Known as Tim Draper his full name was Alfred Timm Draper, he  played for Fulham St Andrews when it was a church team until 1901 when Fulham FC was established at Craven Cottage .
Theres a fairly recent article on the Hammersith and Fulham Gov website which describes games of the time in humorous detail.  It may be on this site by now.

cmg

Quote from: MOR : on May 16, 2012, 06:03:35 PM
Not a Fulham Player but born in Fulham was Leeds Utd Paul Reaney...

...and a bloody good full-back he was, too. Moved to Yorkshire as a kid - a shrewd move as it turned out, as our right-back spot was kind of tied up by an even better one for most of his career.

fulhamhistorian

I have the following information about the Draper brothers

Alex White
Fulham historian

DRAPER, Alfred Timm
Position: Inside Left
b. Kensington, Middlesex, July qtr. 1870;
d. Chelsea, Middlesex, April qtr. 1933 (62).

Formerly with Old Sherbrookians, Tim Draper joined Fulham around 1887 and appeared in the 1891 West London Observer Cup Final when Fulham beat Stanley 5-3 after a replay. He scored two of the Fulham's goals but his brother Ted did not play in this match. He joined Old Sherbrookians in 1892 and played for Millwall Athletic for a while around 1891.  In the 1891 & 1901 censuses he was working as a Railway Booking Clerk and living in Fulham. He was baptised at St. John's, Walham Green on 7th August 1870 but no date of birth was given.

DRAPER, Edward Charles
Position: Outside Left
b. Kensington, Middlesex, October qtr. 1867;
d. Battersea, London, April qtr. 1953 (85).

Ted played for Fulham at the same time as his brother Timm. The family were closely connected with St Andrew's Church, West Kensington where the club was formed and the family lived at 12 Star Lane next to the church in 1881. Ted was married at the church to Ella Louise Hart on 5th April 1896. He was a Railway Messenger in 1891. He was baptised at St John's, Fulham on 20th November 1867 but no date of birth is given.

jeremyfulham

Peabody

Quote from: oldmod on May 16, 2012, 09:29:45 AM
Trevor 'tosh' Chamberlain.

One for the Oldies

Think you will find he was born in Camden Town in 1933

sweek

Matthew Briggs born in Wandsworth according to Wikipedia?

HillingdonFFC

Steve Milton I think was a Fulham fan from the area?,  not a Fulham player but Simon Milton the Ipswich player, not sure if related? was apparently a Fulham fan born in Fulham. Jimmy Hill would walk from Balham to Craven Cottage as a youngster. Alan Hudson big Fulham fan as a kid from Worlds end.Think John Dempsey although born in Hampstead grew up in Fulham