watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Players Born In Fulham

Started by White Noise, May 16, 2012, 07:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Other than Malcolm Macdonald how many other Fulham players were actually born in Fulham?

leonffc

Wasn't Steve Finnan born in the area?

leonffc

Quote from: leonffc on May 16, 2012, 07:55:04 AM

Just outside. Limerick, Ireland.

What a clown I am!!

In the Enclosure

I think Finnan and family may have lived in the area when he was younger - then he got snapped up by a Midlands team - was it Notts County ?
Think  Les Barrett a Battersea boy ?

b+w geezer

Fred Callaghan. Robert Wilson.

Gary Peters was special in actually being a Fulham supporter, but then he came from our heartland on the A3 corridor.

oldmod

Trevor 'tosh' Chamberlain.

One for the Oldies

000en.gif

Travers Barney

Robert Wilson was at Anfield in our section the other night by the way.

Thought about reminescing with him about our night in Huddersfield after our promotion but didn't.
We are the whites

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Two Ton Ted

Never ever bloody anything ever.

White Noise

Udo Onwere was born in Hammersmith.

George Cohen was born in Kensington. Did he grown up in Fulham?

The Equalizer

I'm sure that there were a few players from a while back who had gone to Henry Compton school. Can't remember for the life of me who that was though.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

bill taylors apprentice

Brian Greenaway in the 70's
He was a year younger than me and I new of him through local football and always wondered how he made it and some of my mates didn't. Don't get me wrong he was no mug but was surprised when he made the first team.
I think Mcdonald lived on Woodlawn road as I went to school with his younger brother ?

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: White Noise on May 16, 2012, 11:53:26 AM
Udo Onwere was born in Hammersmith.

George Cohen was born in Kensington. Did he grown up in Fulham?

In his autobio he definately grew up in Fulham, just off the North End Road.

Fletchino

Paul brooker? Think he went to Compton

Two Ton Ted

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: leonffc on May 16, 2012, 08:00:14 AM
Quote from: leonffc on May 16, 2012, 07:55:04 AM

Just outside. Limerick, Ireland.

What a clown I am!!

Finnan and his family lived in the Raynes Park area, some of my mates use to play football with his brother, Steves got a building firm called Finnan developments or something that his brother runs for him and has a few places being built round the Wimbledon Raynes park areas

CorkedHat

Brian (Pat) OÇonnell. He lived in Finlay Street or one of those streets leading into Stevenage Road.
Sidwell and Liam Rosenoir come from Wandsworth, but I always thought that Tosh came from North London
George Cohen definitely went to Henry Compton
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

b+w geezer

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 16, 2012, 03:48:33 PM
I always thought that Tosh came from North London
Correct. And his schoolboy friendship with J.Haynes was what swung the Maestro's signing for us rather than Arsenal/Spurs.

If we're going to include Battersea, Wandsworth and so on, then it's fair to look in the opposite direction and mention Mullery from Notting Hill.

It would be nice to think that these people grew up as Fulham supporters, but on the whole they didn't. A modern player who did, was rejected by us as a youth but has since made a decent career with Charlton and Middlesborough, is Nicky Bailey.

FatFreddysCat

I think Brian??? Cottington might have been from Fulham, the little firm who used to sit in B Block Stevenage rd stand seemed to know him very well.

MOR :

Not a Fulham Player but born in Fulham was Leeds Utd Paul Reaney...