watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stockers not taken...

Started by LBNo11, May 16, 2012, 01:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

well, I guess it all depends on your point of view.

in 2010-2011, when Mark went to the Asian Cup, Stockdale's performance included saving a penalty -- and a point -- against Man United. He was selected Fulham's player of the month during this stretch. The consensus on this board and others, however, was that he was a significant step down from Schwarzer.

in 2011-2012, when Mark was injured, the improvement in our GK distribution and -- especially kicking accuracy and distance -- was immediately noticeable. He performed extremely well, even without a settled back four. Remember this was when Riise was imitating the Michelin Man. When Mark came back, he was hesitant and reluctant to come out for high crosses. The consensus on this board and others, however, was that he was a significant step down from Schwarzer.

There are a few of us who have noted the gradual decline in Schwarzer's game over the last two seasons, especially his distribution, and feel that Stockdale should certainly not have been buried after his last efforts. There are more of us, however, who don't believe that Schwarzer is not the player he was two years ago, and basically, just don't trust the kid.

I think Jol will have to either loan him out to a premiership club or transfer him to one. He is already the second best English keeper wearing gloves now. He will be getting the odd cap two or three years down the road and I'd kind of like him to be playing for us. If Schwarzer gets the shirt on a continuing basis through the summer of 2014, however, Stockdale will be gone.

For some of us, that'll be a sad situation -- knowing that England's back up GK used to be on our books, while Mark retires and we get the next Tony Warner or Ante Niemi. For others of us, it'll be great to watch Mark play out the string. I'm sure they'll be knocking Stockdale's performance with his new club and laugh at his England caps.

It's just a difference in point of view.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

hatterdon how have you managed to establish that Stockdale is England's second best keeper after 23 games for Fulham. I think Stockdale is a good keeper but if he really is as good as some claim, how come Schwarzer is still #1?