watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thanks all at FoF

Started by Jambo, May 16, 2012, 09:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Just a quick end of season note (not that this board ever stops) to say thank you to  LBNo11, Logicalman, ~lork, RidgeRider, mr_ska, WhiteJC and Admin (apologies if I missed anyone) for this site.  I've been on here a while but this is my first season of actually "getting involved" and it has to be said that it is pretty much faultless.  Great debates about all things Fulham (that can get feisty but is never out of control)  and sometimes nothing to do with Fulham at all!!

I have no idea what it costs and the time it takes to maintain this site but whatever it is as a Fulham fan of many years its worth it!!  Perfect example is a few weeks back a couple of us mentioned how good it would be to have FoF Hall of Fame (without knowing how much work would be involved).  Within days WhiteJC produced a fantastic Hall of Fame page that is superbly put together and I imagine is a great read for our younger/newer fans.

Thanks again all, I'm sure there may be times when you think "why do I bother" but I'm sure I talk for many when I say we are massively grateful.

:Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

cookie123

i agree, im new to this site and i love fulham through and through. this site allows all fulham fans to come together and debate all things fulham! its much appreciated and is a great site, very impressed  scarf  065.gif

Admin

Thanks guy's for your compliments. To put it simply, FOF runs on steam, basically just from the hard work that a few individuals put in when and whenever they can. We're not a big organisation, we don't have sponsors and we all have jobs so it can be very demanding at times, especially when you come home from a long days work and have to deal with issues. In a strange way, we seem to love it and just keep coming back for more!!

On a serious note, FOF was first brought about because of all the issues we were having on the Offal. I had enough one day and started FOF from my desk at work and have never looked back. It was a bit shabby at first but other good friends got on board i.e. LB, WhiteJC, Ska etc and we started to build a community. I wanted a place where Fulham fans could come to post without putting up with constant abuse!!

I think we've got the balance right, it's taken a long time and we've built things slowly. Every season we get better and every season we manage to add a little something different but we keep on growing, well that's our aim.

The big thanks really must to go to WhiteJC, John who does the design for FOF. I used to do it myself but it looked like a complete car crash. John took over and now does it all from home, in his spare time and even hosts FOF on his personal server for free!! The other big thanks must go to LB, Ed for all his hard work that he does behind the scenes at FOF, what these two guy's do alone for FOF is unbelievable and not many of us get to see this.

Then there are the other Mods, Ska, Myself, RidgeRider, Lork, LogicalMan who overlook the forum on a constant basis be it first thing in the morning, during the day or at night, we all take turns. Then lets not forget White Noise, where would FOF be without this guy? A wealth of knowledge who posts on a daily basis without fail.

And last but not least you guy's, again where would FOF be today without your daily contributions. Many thanks to all and here's looking to a new and exciting season under Martin Jol.

Burt

Jambo

Quote from: Admin on May 16, 2012, 10:28:45 PM
Thanks guy's for your compliments. To put it simply, FOF runs on steam, basically just from the hard work that a few individuals put in when and whenever they can. We're not a big organisation, we don't have sponsors and we all have jobs so it can be very demanding at times, especially when you come home from a long days work and have to deal with issues. In a strange way, we seem to love it and just keep coming back for more!!

On a serious note, FOF was first brought about because of all the issues we were having on the Offal. I had enough one day and started FOF from my desk at work and have never looked back. It was a bit shabby at first but other good friends got on board i.e. LB, WhiteJC, Ska etc and we started to build a community. I wanted a place where Fulham fans could come to post without putting up with constant abuse!!

I think we've got the balance right, it's taken a long time and we've built things slowly. Every season we get better and every season we manage to add a little something different but we keep on growing, well that's our aim.

The big thanks really must to go to WhiteJC, John who does the design for FOF. I used to do it myself but it looked like a complete car crash. John took over and now does it all from home, in his spare time and even hosts FOF on his personal server for free!! The other big thanks must go to LB, Ed for all his hard work that he does behind the scenes at FOF, what these two guy's do alone for FOF is unbelievable and not many of us get to see this.

Then there are the other Mods, Ska, Myself, RidgeRider, Lork, LogicalMan who overlook the forum on a constant basis be it first thing in the morning, during the day or at night, we all take turns. Then lets not forget White Noise, where would FOF be without this guy? A wealth of knowledge who posts on a daily basis without fail.

And last but not least you guy's, again where would FOF be today without your daily contributions. Many thanks to all and here's looking to a new and exciting season under Martin Jol.

Great to get the insight of how it all works.  By a million miles the best forum out there.

I know we have had our debates but its all in the name of Fulham and in the end good hearted which as you say sets this site aside from the others.

Thanks again.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/