watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele

Started by Jack Fulham, May 16, 2012, 11:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Gonna be sad when we lose him, probably one more season away from becoming one of best centre midfielders in the prem. guy is class. I kinda wish we would keep him one more season even if he does leave for free purely for entertainment value. Will miss him big time if leaves this summer  :dft004:

Also not bothered that he doesn't score many goals, watching him breeze past players so easily has been absolutely amazing to watch.

Admin

Wait and see. I think to many people are resigned to the fact that he's going to leave but that really hasn't been proven yet. Spurs bid twice last season and we knocked them back, which was a hands off signal by the club, Jol has come out early and given a hands off warning in regards to our big stars so we certainly mean business. Forget Defoe, he won't come to Fulham, he wage demands are to high and his relationship with with Jol.. well lets say there isn't one. Plus he's 30 in October.

In a nutshell, we don't really have to sell any of our players, we're not in a financial position that we have to. The club will only sell Dembele if he gets really awkward and forces the sale himself, or refuses a new contract which I suspect the club are working hard on behind the scenes. If we do have to sell, then I'm 100% sure it won't be for no less than 15 million.

If I was Dembele, I'd be mad not sign a new improved contract at Fulham, improve his final 3rd next season then push for a move next summer. If he leaves now, I'm certain he'll risk sitting it out on a bench somne where for long periods. Let's see if the boy's bright enough.

valdeingruo

Agreed, he is great right now and the move to midfield was brilliant. However he has some things to work  out right now and it would be best if he worked it out here instead of warming a bench else where. Who knows where we will be in a years time.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

dishEJtheRock!

hes still pretty young and maybe the fact hes seen how dempsey has developed over the years into the prime of his career will convince him to spend another year here. he knows hes guaranteed playing time here where he will be able to play against the highest level (besides CL) teams regularly. and he still has plenty of years left in his career for when he knows he will be a definite starter for a CL team.

I cant fault him for wanting to go to a bigger team, its not like he grew up a FFC fan like many of the people here, hes a professional just doing his job. But if we offer him an improved deal where he makes better money while hes here developing and getting minutes on the pitch, and his price tag goes up as he gets better and has more years on his contract, then everybody wins. Dembele gets to play, make his money, and when its time for him to move on the club will get more money for him and he will get the move to the team he wants.

Now if only there was a way to make him think that way...

Walsh

it would be insane if we could keep hold of Dembele, the one thing I wanted from this season was to finish above the scousers which we wasn't far off doing, maybe next year? We'll have to wait and see! Jordan Rhodes might fit in really well if we keep hold of Dembele and Dempsey as that kid can find the back of the net without any issues and would be interesting if he could do the same in the premiership. (which I think he could)

lamby

Quote from: Admin on May 16, 2012, 11:21:01 PM
In a nutshell, we don't really have to sell any of our players, we're not in a financial position that we have to. The club will only sell Dembele if he gets really awkward and forces the sale himself, or refuses a new contract which I suspect the club are working hard on behind the scenes. If we do have to sell, then I'm 100% sure it won't be for no less than 15 million.

If I was Dembele, I'd be mad not sign a new improved contract at Fulham, improve his final 3rd next season then push for a move next summer. If he leaves now, I'm certain he'll risk sitting it out on a bench somne where for long periods. Let's see if the boy's bright enough.

But he would be lucky to be on £40k a week (£2mil a year) here. He would automatically get about £90k a week (£4.7mil year) if he moved. So any move gets him about £2.7 mil a year, so about £10mil over a 4 year contract. Do you know anybody who would turn that down or demand a transfer if that was offered. And don't forget that any player can get a career ending injury at any point in time. His contract only gets £2mil from us (1 year left) where if he signs in summer to a big team he is guaranteed almost £19 million!   

Fletchino

Does he only  have 1 year left or could it be longer and we don't know about it. It seems strange to sign sombody so young on a 3 year deal most deals are 4 years and Ruiz deal was 5 years. Could there be a 2 year option that fulham can activate?