watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alan Curbishley ; still no job

Started by Edwatch_Winston_Malone, May 17, 2012, 08:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

If he doesn't get anything in the summer managerial merrygoround he might as well give it up as a bad job...

How low will he go?

LBNo11

...I used to quite like 'Curbs' I think he did a good job with Charlton giving them two promotions and premiership stability, but since his leaving them and his brief spell with the cheats he has not been on the scene, which considering some managers who have winged it thus far seems strange, perhaps there is more to his lack of appointments than meets the eye?

He certainly went down in my estimations after his kicking the ball at Steeed whilst he lay on the pitch injured...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

AlFayedsChequebook

He seems not to want to go to a club in a lower league and is not really well known enough/not brave enough to go abroad

Blingo

MJG

I hope he has at least used his time out to do what Pardew did.
Pardew went around europe looking at other methods of training and reevaluated what a manager has to do.
He no longer does things such as wear a Tracksuit on match days. The modern player looks at managers like Jose and expect something more than a bloke in a tracksuit shouting from the touchline.
He also made contacts which have led to some of the players he signed.
One of the problems with King Kenny was that he bought british mainly and was stuck in the mid 90's. Things move on. Maybe Curbs in just interviews has not shown any progression to modern methods. I know he has only been out a couple of years but football is about hear and now.

White Noise

One bookmaker has been kind enough to qupte on him for the Liverpool job.

When you look at how long this list of potential new Pool managers is (Robbie Fowler at 66-1 anyone??) maybe he should pack it when he no longer makes the bookies lists for new Prem jobs.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/liverpool-specials/next-permanent-manager

aFFCn_Fan

Curbishley does the pundit bit on the international premier league HD channel. A Mark Lawrenson to Andy Townsend's Alan Hanson. Think he's kind of had enough of the managerial thing now, as he's been out of it for too long, and probably quite content spouting 'when I signed him at West Ham' rubbish on telly...but watch him get one of these two vacant jobs now that I've committed that to type.

My Charlton mate said that Curbs did a good job, but he lost the plot towards the end. Which is why they were relegated. Not Pardew as a bad manager, but rather the players weren't good enough thanks to who he brought in. 
@hincharoo

BalDrick

Quote from: White Noise on May 17, 2012, 10:10:55 AM

When you look at how long this list of potential new Pool managers is (Robbie Fowler at 66-1 anyone??) maybe he should pack it when he no longer makes the bookies lists for new Prem jobs.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/liverpool-specials/next-permanent-manager

Jol, conspicuously (and happily) absent from that list.

As for Curbishley, the world's most boring man IMO. Doubt he'll work again if he won't drop a division or two.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

White Noise

Quote from: BalDrick on May 17, 2012, 12:24:11 PM
Quote from: White Noise on May 17, 2012, 10:10:55 AM

Jol, conspicuously (and happily) absent from that list.

As for Curbishley, the world's most boring man IMO. Doubt he'll work again if he won't drop a division or two.

Jol is actually on there at 40-1. Sandwiched between Jamie Carragher and Kevin Keegan! 064.gif

Mr_Moon

Quote from: MJG on May 17, 2012, 10:00:27 AM

Pardew went around europe looking at other methods of training and reevaluated what a manager has to do.
He no longer does things such as wear a Tracksuit on match days. The modern player looks at managers like Jose and expect something more than a bloke in a tracksuit shouting from the touchline.

You do know that's not strictly true. Top managers like Klopp and Bielsa still don tracksuits.

Burt

Unless Curbs lowered his sights somewhat I think he will find it hard to get back in.

That is if this is something that he wants to do anyway.

MJG

Quote from: Mr_Moon on May 17, 2012, 12:41:37 PM

Pardew went around europe looking at other methods of training andrwa reevaluated what a
Quote from: Mr_Moon on May 17, 2012, 12:41:37 PM

You do know that's not strictly true. Top managers like Klopp and Bielsa still don tracksuits.
manager has to do.

I know its not strictly true and as we know Tony Pulis likes a tracksuit and cap and he's a top manager

HatterDon

Quote from: Blingo on May 17, 2012, 09:35:58 AM
He's better than Coco sanchez.

the ghost of my long-dead greyhound is better than Sanchez.

Doonz! I still miss you!  :012: :012: :012:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhaman

This guy is terrible, he think he deserves a prem job. He might now struggled to get a Championship job. I love his interview a few years back saying he couldn't understand why Fulham hadn't been in touch. Well if wolves dont want you we defo dont

Willard

A few seasons ago he announced that he was only interested in a job in the top half of the Premiership. Clearly he wasn't trampled in the rush...