watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mahamadou Diarra Staying

Started by The Equalizer, May 17, 2012, 03:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Whats the thinking behind just the one year ?

horse1031

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 17, 2012, 05:11:49 PM

he's getting on in years and has had some injuries.  this doesn't surprise me and i think it is a good move from both parties.

i think he is a great player and still can do a job on the pitch.  This is very exciting news.

elgreenio

it's also the option we had on the initial deal, wouldn't put it past any agent nowadays to have negotiated for a much higher salary had we wanted a longer term contract.
touch my camera through the fence

jarv

GoldCoastWhite

Nice one Centurion ! Very happy with this news  scarf

SmithyFFC

Terrific news, lets hope its the first of a few extensions in the coming weeks!
FTID

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Swedish Terrier on May 17, 2012, 04:07:26 PM
Great start for sure! He's been at a very high level lately, and could improve in the future He could be vital next season as Danny Murphy's minutes on the pitch will only keep decreasing. Now let's hope for as many of these as possible to happen:
-Dempsey signs a contract extension
-Dembélé signs a contract extension
-Danny Murphy becomes a player/coach next season, and retires from football as a white.
-We sign Jordan Rhodes, Nathaniel Clyne, Luciano Narsingh.
-Stockdale stays with us and becomes number 1 next season

Just a bit of afternoon dreamin'.

So what is it exactly that you are smoking during one of these afternoon dreaming sessions?
I would be exceedingly chuffed with half of your wish list plus a striker who knows where the goal is. However if your dreaming comes true I'm going to get very drunk.

Burt

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: horse1031 on May 17, 2012, 05:17:32 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 17, 2012, 05:11:49 PM

he's getting on in years and has had some injuries.  this doesn't surprise me and i think it is a good move from both parties.

i think he is a great player and still can do a job on the pitch.  This is very exciting news.
He's 30 and doesn't rely on pace. He has had one injury and it wasn't major.

Jack Fulham

Good news should be better next season with a preseason under his belt.

White Noise

I would imagine that if Diarra continues his progress next season there will be a proper contract extension in front of him by October. He is still a player with options and if he gets back to anything like his previous form then half of Europe will be after him.

HatterDon

This is an excellent piece of business. He contributed mightily to our late season form.

I was afraid when we got him that it was Jari Litmanen and Olivier Dacourt revisited. I was wrong. He's a class player, and I'm thrilled that he's making his living in a Fulham shirt.

The transfer period looks VERY good so far.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

b+w geezer

I share the general enthusiasm for this transfer coup. The mystery is why his career ever dipped. Rustiness ought to have made it hard to adjust to the pace of the prem, but he's been up to speed immediately -- first half yard in the head, as they say. Another surprise has been his dynamism, his forward bursts. He's what Sidwell would be if quicker-thinking and classier. Extraordinary to have such a player fall into the club's lap.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: b+w geezer on May 18, 2012, 08:41:53 AM
I share the general enthusiasm for this transfer coup. The mystery is why his career ever dipped. Rustiness ought to have made it hard to adjust to the pace of the prem, but he's been up to speed immediately -- first half yard in the head, as they say. Another surprise has been his dynamism, his forward bursts. He's what Sidwell would be if quicker-thinking and classier. Extraordinary to have such a player fall into the club's lap.

You can see glimpses of why Madrid paid £26m for him.

His career shows what happens if you get buried on the bench at a big club then get a career threatening injury that stops you going anywhere for 12 months - people forget about you.

He was not worth the risk for top teams, but for a club like Fulham, this is our bread and butter - turning free signings into gold

cmg

If he continues to perform at a similar level next season he will prove to have been one of Fulham's better bits of business.

Perhaps akin to the time somebody managed to persuade some genius at the East London Academy Of Football Science that Ray Houghton was worth £0.

It is a bit strange to recall that we eventually sold him to Oxford United for "only" £150,000, but it was, at least, £150,000 more than we paid for him and we did get three great seasons out of this excellent footballer. Oxford were in the top division at that time and his true value was shown when, after winning the League Cup, they sold him on to Liverpool for getting on for £1m.