watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Come on Torquay

Started by SP, May 17, 2012, 09:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Been only the once but it's got to be in my top 3 away games, camping, beaches, pasty shops, beer & Udo even gave us a rare away win (nothing changes).  The highlight was the running argument with the ladies hanging out their washing in the houses behind our away terrace!

But what's this, they've started building a new stand & how impressive it is too, I expect they'll miss the old shed that was there - the end of an era.

:011:

MOR :

Watching the game at the moment, as much as I'd love to see them do it I've got my doubts...

Burt

Is my memory correct in recalling that we hit the bottom of the league when they beat us 2-1 in the dark days?

MOR :

MOR :

In February 1996 Torquay were botom and they beat us 2-1...soon after Branfoot moved upstairs and Mr Adams saved us...

Torquay get one back but still too much to do...

MOR :

Cheltenham 2-1 up...great goal from a free-kick.

ScalleysDad

Its a shame the Gulls bubble burst a few games ago but ........... Christmas and New Year derbies with Exeter and Argyle, then the away games and then there is Bristol Rovers jaunt up and down the M5. Spookily one of the management team is not all that fussed about going up, almost ecstatic when Argyle saved themselves and a lager too many when Exeter were relegated, as they can earn more now where they are, finish the rebuild then go for promotion. Grass roots football eh

Many many moons ago when Keegan held the key to the ground we lost at Plainmoor to a 'silver goal'. Now that was a bad night out.