watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Look At Me, Look At Me, Look At Me - Says Mark Hughes

Started by White Noise, May 19, 2012, 09:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.london24.com/sport/qpr/hughes_hoping_to_repeat_blackburn_man_city_and_fulham_trick_at_qpr_1_1382898

Hughes hoping to repeat Blackburn, Man City and Fulham trick at QPR

Saturday, May 19, 2012

7:01 PM

QPR Transfer News: The Rs manager is hoping to sign players who increase in value

QPR manager Mark Hughes says he will looking to sign top quality players who will increase in value when he enters the transfer market this summer.

The Welshman, who has managed Manchester City, Blackburn and Fulham has proven to be astute in the transfer market and he is hoping for a repeat at Loftus Road.

"In the past, I have signed Vincent Kompany [at Manchester City], Christopher Samba [at Blackburn] and Mousa Dembele [at Fulham]," Hughes told the Mail.

"They all increased in transfer value playing in those teams. I am seeking similar quality for QPR.

"I am excited about what we can achieve here. The players I want to sign need to know we have plans to be a top club.

"I spent my career playing for big clubs and I want success. I am hungry and ambitious.

"There will be buys and sales. When we walked through the door, there were a lot of players who hadn't figured before and who haven't made an impression on me and my staff.

"They'll move on, they want to play. I want to strengthen, but I believe in buying players before you sell. I don't want to weaken us before we get stronger."

Bassey the warrior

Jack Fulham

"i believe in buying players before you sell"

Well qpr's squad is about to get even bigger. Interesting how he takes credit for dembele, his value only really increased this season and that is after Martin Jol moved him to cm where he has flourished. That's like Sanchez staking credit for the success we've had with murphy, Baird and Hughes.

cebu

Christ I was getting DTs from the lack of Mark Hughes threads ... may I add that Sanchez and Hodgson aren't getting enough air time.   092.gif

gang

BalDrick

Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 19, 2012, 11:36:08 PM
"i believe in buying players before you sell"

Well qpr's squad is about to get even bigger. Interesting how he takes credit for dembele, his value only really increased this season and that is after Martin Jol moved him to cm where he has flourished. That's like Sanchez staking credit for the success we've had with murphy, Baird and Hughes.

Sure I read somewhere that the Dembele deal was actually set up by RH before he left and AmbitionMan just rubber stamped it (on his extra large desk no doubt).
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Walsh

Burt

GoldCoastWhite

Why do posts regarding Leslie blowing his own trumpet remind me of the joke about dogs licking their own bollocks ???  Get Coat gif

Mr Fulham

Posted this in an open Premier League forum and got a lot of stick for it, e.g. "But he is right"...."what's your point, he totally deserves the credit"..."that's no self-promotion!"

And the best: "We know that you hate him, so shut up"

:020:

MJG

Quote from: Burt on May 20, 2012, 04:31:25 PM
He owns a very ambitious trumpet.
yes and one day it may be a Tuba but I suspect it will end up being a recorder.

cookie123

hughes hughes a washed up manager
was with us in 2010 how he's at QPR
we did the double and it made old hughsey sob
next year they'll be relegated and barton is a nob

what do you think of my song? ;)

cebu

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on May 20, 2012, 04:55:26 PM
Why do posts regarding Leslie blowing his own trumpet remind me of the joke about dogs licking their own bollocks ???  Get Coat gif

Because we all wish we could do the same thing?   :023:

SmithyFFC

FTID