watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Its got to be said

Started by Peabody, May 19, 2012, 10:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

All in all, a good day for a couple of London teams. Taking the attitude that we'd like to see extended to us in the reverse case, Well Done to Chelsea for a great victory, and Well Done to West Ham for joining the elite once more.

Pure and simple, no ifs and buts.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 19, 2012, 11:35:38 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 19, 2012, 11:32:41 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 19, 2012, 11:28:19 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 19, 2012, 11:26:00 PM
Good result for Chelsea, bad result for football.
Nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not discrediting there win but they played very anti football, just sat back the majority of the game. This will only encourage other teams to adopt a similar approach which I think is negative for the game.
They knew their weaknesses.

I understand it is the only way they could of won the game but yeah, it makes football less exciting. Game was dramatic but quite boring due to the tactics adopted by Chelsea.

ffctom_b

It was not anti-football, but the right tactics to play in an away final and for the desire and determination they showed they deserved it
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

Berserker

I presume Di Matteo will stay now. I think he may have a difficult task rebuilding the team with younger players in the same way AVB did, it's easier to be a caretaker i feel.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamguy

If RDM gets the job permanently it will be interesting to see how he does. He sacrificed the league for cup wins and they finished the season further away from 4th than when he took over. Fair play to them though.
COYW!

Logicalman

I have to say, I have seen Fulham play a defensive game in the past, though I don't recall the 'bad day for football' comments accompanying it.

That other SW6 team did what they needed to do, nothing dirty like Stoke though, and they did make a number of chances, though nowhere near as many as BM.

The bottom line is, for teams to be THE best, they should be able to overcome almost any defensive tactics, however hard it might be. That SW6 team got lucky tonight, but they walked away with 2 pieces of silverware this season, so I guess that's what they would call success.  093.gif

valdeingruo

A few points.

Bayern lost it is Robben's saved shot

Well done for them to stick it out and keep their nerve in penalties.

We can say we beat the Champions of Europe at home next season.

How many days will pass between Di Matteo's hiring and firing?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Walsh

Got to love David Luiz, he is such a good defender and helped Chelsea win the league tonight (along with Cahill) he didn't make once mistake.

fair play to Chelsea but they best not get used to it, I would love to see odds for Fulham to win the Champions League before Chelsea do next as I think it could be possible!

Mr_Moon

Chelsea win the European Cup
Qpr stay up

Awful, just awful.

cebu

Nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not discrediting there win but they played very anti football, just sat back the majority of the game. This will only encourage other teams to adopt a similar approach which I think is negative for the game.

If you're forced to go to their ground for the final, you're bound to choose a defensive setup to have any chance at all. What concrete tactical suggestions do you have for the visitors, that was likely to be more successful than the defensive one that was actually employed?

Jimbobob

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 19, 2012, 11:35:38 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham link=topic=22http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=269391;topic=22242.15;sesc=0e3c71913d0fcc3a4d85b31fd5296586242.msg269382#msg269382 date=1337466360
Nonsense.

They knew their weaknesses.
The Scum won - not Bayern lost. I have to agree with Mr Fulham's sentiments.
Petr Cech is just the best. He saved three in total and the scum scored off their one and only corner. The weight may have been too much for the home team and Robben came up small again. If Fulham would have won using similar tactics the angst would not be so great. I hate the scum but I am going to tip the cap for the fight and guile and guts it took to win that match. I had to listen on the radio and it was certainly not a dull match to listen to. I will watch dvr tomorrow. I am much more upset about poor Blackpool not pulling it out and coming back up.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

MisfitKid

Quote from: Aldo on May 19, 2012, 10:54:58 PM
I think to be fair Bayern Lost it rather than Chelsea winning it!
I agree Aldo.  Bayern= :020:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

luckylindy

There is a lot of skill and a lot of luck in football.  The game was decided on Bayern's bad shooting luck and Chelsea's defensive skill, plus Drogba at both ends.  God bless his talent and attitude - can we get him for next season?

SG

Re: NFR: Its got to be said - Oh no it hasn't.
No way that I would watch that game with WGDTFC playing. Worst possible outcome in my view.

WhiteJC

this from twitter...

Following their CL win, Chelsea fans have signed a 1 year extension to remain at the club.

They had been strongly linked to Man City.

leonffc

Nonsense.

You must have been devastated when we beat Shatkar Donetsk over two legs!!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 20, 2012, 07:42:31 AM
this from twitter...

Following their CL win, Chelsea fans have signed a 1 year extension to remain at the club.

They had been strongly linked to Man City.
:011:  :011: Quality. Sorry Mr Peabody but Chelsea didn't deserve to win, they was played off the park and only extremely poor finishing stopped them getting spanked.

Berserker

I thought it was a prerty boring match for the first hour and a quarter, then it livened up after Bayern scored, even the extra time part wasn't that exciting apart from the penalty shoot out. It probably sounded more of an exciting game throughtout on the radio because the commentators jazzed it up abit, didn't seem that  way watching it.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Peabody

Quote from: SG on May 20, 2012, 06:53:12 AM
No way that I would watch that game with WGDTFC playing. Worst possible outcome in my view.

Yes it does need to be said, it's called sportsmanship. What did you critics expect of them? They were playing in a very hostile environment, two thirds of the crowd were home supporters, of course they were going to play defence more than attack. Some of you say that Bayern did'nt scvore well Chelsea did and AT THE END OF THE DAY, THAT IS WHAT WINS FOOTBALL MATCHES.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Peabody on May 20, 2012, 09:24:58 AM
Quote from: SG on May 20, 2012, 06:53:12 AM

Yes it does need to be said, it's called sportsmanship. What did you critics expect of them? They were playing in a very hostile environment, two thirds of the crowd were home supporters, of course they were going to play defence more than attack. Some of you say that Bayern did'nt scvore well Chelsea did and AT THE END OF THE DAY, THAT IS WHAT WINS FOOTBALL MATCHES.
Yeah but they still didn't deserve to win.