watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Linked With Sunderland Striker Fraizer Campbell

Started by White Noise, May 20, 2012, 11:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/5/20/3031983/fulham-looking-at-fraizer-campbell

Fulham looking at Fraizer Campbell

by Northernwhite on May 20, 2012 10:25 AM BST

Both The Sun and The Mirror are today linking us with Sunderland striker Fraizer Campbell who only has 1 year left on his contract. Both are saying we've shown interest in Campbell and that Sunderland have yet to open contract negotiations so it may just be his agent giving them a friendly reminder.

Campbell started his career at Manchester United and then had loan spells at Spurs and Hull with the spell at Hull proving fruitful as he scored 15 goals in 34 games.

His spell at Sunderland has proved to be not as good as he's been blighted by 2 injuries to his knees meaning he's only played 38 games. During his time at Sunderland, he's scored just 5 goals but made his England debut earlier this season.

He's still only 24 so if he stays injury free, would he be a good acquisition for Fulham?

ElissonSnygg

Yes. I think we could need more englishmen in the squad.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

PokerMatt

Did Jol not see him against us? He's the reason that didn't end 2-2.

I'm all for more English, but only if they're improving the squad. Otherwise they're overpriced, overpaid wastes of space.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

EJL

God almighty we're being linked with everyone at the moment.

White Noise

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-ready-to-sign-frazier-campbell-840260

Cottage industry: Fulham keeping tabs on Sunderland striker

Frazier Campbell has one year left on his contract at the Stadium of Light and the club have so far failed to open talks

[img]http://www.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article840290.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Fraizer+Campbell+of+Sunderland+looks+on/img]
Comeback: Fraizer Campbell earned his first England cap in February after returning from injry
Getty

Fulham could pounce for Sunderland's Fraizer Campbell if he fails to agree a new contract at the Stadium of Light.

The 24-year-old will have just one more year remaining on his contract after the summer but the Black Cats have so far failed to open contract negotiations.

Campbell marked his return to the game with a stunning goal in the FA Cup against north east rivals Middlesbrough in January after 16 months out with knee injuries.

His subsequent form earned him his first England cap in February against Holland and Martin O'Neill is believed to have been impressed with him since taking over.

Martin Jol, however, is keen to pep up his attacking options at Craven Cottage and believes the former Manchester United starlet fits the profile of the young, talented marksman they are looking for.

cottage cheese

Max Headroom

everyone knows johnson is going and dempsey is going, and pog hasnt signed yet, so we need strikers..... cheap journalism.....

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Max Headroom on May 20, 2012, 03:27:34 PM
everyone knows johnson is going and dempsey is going, and pog hasnt signed yet, so we need strikers..... cheap journalism.....
but err....we need strikers

EJL

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 20, 2012, 03:42:25 PM

Burt

I would be underwhelmed by this... There's a good reason why Sunderland haven't looked to extend his contract...

twang

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 20, 2012, 03:42:25 PM

That's what he says though, isn't it? That everyone knows we needs strikers and that's why we're going to get linked with hundreds of them due to lazy journalism like this.

SmithyFFC

Don't really understand all the negative comments, yes his miss against us was terrible, but, he was in the England squad just a few months ago and is still coming back from an 18 month lay off. Could be a decent signing in my opinion...
FTID

MJG

I don't ever get the " he was in the england squad" line. Yes players get into the squad through a number of reasons but it don't mean they are right for us or any good either.
Squads are one mans view at the time and does not mean thar for ever afterwards that player should be deemed as a quality player because of it.
As for Campbell I would not be over excited by him joining us but he does have youth on his side.

Mr Fulham

24 years old, pretty versatile. Can be a steal. How about Campbell, Rhodes and a cheeky loan move for Romelu Lukaku with AJ leaving and Pog staying?

cebu

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 20, 2012, 09:39:02 PM
24 years old, pretty versatile. Can be a steal. How about Campbell, Rhodes and a cheeky loan move for Romelu Lukaku with AJ leaving and Pog staying?

Well, I've certainly seen considerably worse things happen to Fulham, sir.

valdeingruo

I think Lukaku is regretting his move. He should have listened to all those telling him to stay. If we could get him here on a permanent basis then yes. However I would not want to give him a year with us on loan, show the world he has got it and then see him turn out against us on a regular basis.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

SmithyFFC

What about Sa?!
FTID

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on May 20, 2012, 09:53:43 PM

What about Sa?!

Don't know. Hasn't played much this year. I think we need two or three strikers in summer, especially with AJ leaving and Dempsey's future in doubt. Together, they scored 20 of our 48 goals.

valdeingruo

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on May 20, 2012, 09:53:43 PM

What about Sa?!

Would agree, he hasnt been given the light of day. He has shown if given the time he can atleast put it in the net.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi