watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Fairplay Chelsea fans

Started by sipwell, May 21, 2012, 09:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Some German fans have observed that the Chelsea fans are top notch when it comes to fair play. This video has been 'viral'. The moment Robben runs forward to kick the penalty, a yellow beach ball is thrown onto the pitch (from the Chelsea stand). Would it have influenced the penalty (i.e. has it indirectly distracted Robben0?

yellow ball attack.mpg

The penalty was badly taken in any case.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

CorkedHat

A Chelsea supporting mate of mine who made the trip to Munich said that he was embarrassed and saddened to see in the main street, a group of Chelsea supporters in WW2 helmets shouting anti Hitler slogans
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 21, 2012, 09:08:29 AM
A Chelsea supporting mate of mine who made the trip to Munich said that he was embarrassed and saddened to see in the main street, a group of Chelsea supporters in WW2 helmets shouting anti Hitler slogans

I'll bet he was embarrassed, chelsea fans traditionally Seig Heil and sing songs about gassing jews.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

leonffc

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on May 21, 2012, 10:05:09 AM

I'll bet he was embarrassed, chelsea fans traditionally Seig Heil and sing songs about gassing jews.

Lol.

Burt

The footage is no longer available... Copyright infringement!

sipwell

Quote from: Burt on May 21, 2012, 12:26:00 PM

Bummer! It essentially showed that at the moment Robben was running towards the ball to kick the penalty, a beach ball entered the pitch on the left side (position behind the goal). It was a rather large thing, so he surely must have noticed it (and perhaps it impaired his concentration...)

leonffc

Quote from: sipwell on May 21, 2012, 12:40:29 PM
Quote from: Burt on May 21, 2012, 12:26:00 PM

Bummer! It essentially showed that at the moment Robben was running towards the ball to kick the penalty, a beach ball entered the pitch on the left side (position behind the goal). It was a rather large thing, so he surely must have noticed it (and perhaps it impaired his concentration...)

Most players would stare at it and point if it put them off (as they would with a divot of turf that bobbled the ball).
And lets be honest, Torres should have had a penalty just before AND Bayern took all their shoot out pens in front of their own fans. Thats football!!

cebu

Are you sure it was ANTI Hitler slogans, Mr CH?

finnster01

Quote from: cebu on May 21, 2012, 04:47:31 PM

I think you may just have caught out the Bard Mr Cebu  :005:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

cottage cheese

my housemate was there and im sad to say he was shocked by some chelsea fans in the square chanting about spurs and never stepping foot in munich again   Its like they cant get over the fact that a team in london has a high Jewish population

Logicalman

try this one ..  (the beach ball is thrown on the right side of the goal from Robbens pov)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynWQ9xFG3BU#ws

jarv

Chelsea have always attracted a thug element following (unfortunately). I recall as a youngster 50 years ago, at Stamford Bridge on my own, witnessing some thugs. I was scared stiff and decided this is not the place for me. Enjoyed the safety of Craven Cottage. 092.gif

cmg

The Chelsea charm school continues...

I doubt, however, that this pathetic incident contributed in the slightest to Robben's miss.
By the time the beach ball makes an appearance Robben would have been concentrating solely on the back of the ball he was about to kick.

I'll bet the person who tossed it onto the pitch (not sure what one might call him) is boasting about it today, though.

finnster01

I tend to concur with Mr Beckenbauer in that Robben in essence is as adapt at taking penalties as Gordon Brown is capable to see a recession with his one good eye
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CorkedHat

Quote from: finnster01 on May 21, 2012, 04:50:02 PM
Quote from: cebu on May 21, 2012, 04:47:31 PM

I think you may just have caught out the Bard Mr Cebu  :005:

Come on folks - we are talking Chelsea here. It would make no sense, even to them, to be wearing Britsh War helmets and cheering for Hitler. If they had been wearing swastikas then it would have made sense but their purpose was to rub it in about who actually won the war  :028: :028: :028:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

sipwell

Quote from: cmg on May 21, 2012, 06:20:09 PM

I doubt, however, that this pathetic incident contributed in the slightest to Robben's miss.
By the time the beach ball makes an appearance Robben would have been concentrating solely on the back of the ball he was about to kick.

I'll bet the person who tossed it onto the pitch (not sure what one might call him) is boasting about it today, though.

The person waits to throw the ball until Robben started to move forwards. I can agree there will be a minimal impact but sportmanslike it is not.

cmg

Quote from: sipwell on May 22, 2012, 09:53:34 AM

The person waits to throw the ball until Robben started to move forwards. I can agree there will be a minimal impact but sportmanslike it is not.

Chelsea fans: sportsmanlike - Error 404 Not Found

Mitch

If a Fulham fan did this and we went on to win the European Cup I'd let them sleep with my wife.

ffcitaly

Full of thugs as usual when Chelsea plays.

cebu

I just had an opportunity to see a replay and it seemed pretty clear that it was meant as a distraction.

Ban beach balls at football matches?