News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will You Be Attending More Away Games Next Season?

Started by White Noise, May 22, 2012, 06:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

If so, how many aways do you think you will do and which ones?

MJG

I want to try and do five away at least..Southampton, Reading, Norwich and two London games. But as ever it will depend when they are on.

mrska

Yes   i only did Norwich away last year...   Southampton and Reading are a must... plus  the normal London derbies providing theyre not all played on boxing day when i can never go!!!

dont stand me down

I'll do all the ones within 100 miles of Fulham,  Wigan,Newcastle away as well.

zzamora

Defo going to go more. Arsenal, Chelski, Spurs, QPR, Reading, West Ham at least

Possibly Villa, Southampton.

Berserker

Reading, Southampton, Villa, QPR, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, like to go to Newcastle, might fit in with to a trip to in laws in Edinburgh. Plus like to do some away Carling and FA cup matches as well home ones
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Swiss72

Will definitely go to Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham and Reading. Norwich and Southampton possibly. Not sure to venture further North to be honest.

Alternative

Depends on how many are Saturday 3 o'clock kick offs.

TV is taking even more matches next season.

Alternative

Depends how many are sensible prices. Norwich were taking the mickey last time.

Burt

Last season was the least away games for quite a few seasons for me.

I would like to take in Southampton (never been to St Mary's).

ScalleysDad

Cardiff coming up would have definitely added one more although driving up the Estuary on the Somerset side looking over to where you want to be is a bit galling but Reading and Southampton will be the newbies. The M5 contingent is down to West Brom and The Villa now but they are both an easy day out and then theres Chelsea and QPR, both easy enough if they remain weekend fixtures. I'd like to do Newcastle if its early enough and shoe horn in the Hadrians Wall Walk. Of course the away form is not all that inspiring to venture right up to the north west just yet but lets wait and see. It seems there is alot of interest in Reading and Southampton away next season. The big demand for tickets allied to our usual pitiful allocation means succumbing to a season ticket this year might have at least one benefit. When the fixture list is published I won't be diving onto the Trainline website straight away, as some one has said there will be changes right up to kick off I expect.
Quick question then. Does anyone know the fixture publication date?

Scrumpy

I always aim to do 7 or 8 Aways. If we have a good season with something to aim for, then it may be more.

Lower League Clubs in the Cups are the real attraction for me nowadays. Accrington and Kettering, in recent seasons, were blinding trips  :beer:  Sign of the times, I guess!

Scalley's Dad - Fixtures announced 18th June. (Then changed by Sky about a week before the match!!! )
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Berserker

Forgot about West Brom, that's not a bad drive from here.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on May 22, 2012, 09:37:47 PM
Forgot about West Brom, that's not a bad drive from here.

Hello Mrs B.
West Brom and Villa are a brisk stroll apart so sign up for both. Bet you are chuffed you have Reading down the road.

Mitch

Three more. Only did five this year and two away friendlies, so I guess seven in total. Will be going to West Ham - easy. Southampton - parddddy with the uni chicks. Reading - Easy trip from Windsor.

Happy days!

Blingo

It;s a 3000 mile round trip for me to just get to the Cottage lol.

Reindeer

Without a doubt.  All the London games and Reading and Soton for me, plus any in the cup.

SouthfieldWhite

I'm hoping to do a few trips in a big group, those who came Boro away will vouch for me, although I nearly missed the train and had the majority of the 50 tickets  , this time I'm hoping the police won't get on and threaten to chuck us all off

Will be speaking to the train companies to see what discount I can get once the fixtures have come out

Walsh

I live in Manchester so not many for me unfortunately, United, City, Stoke, Wigan, Everton, Liverpool and might do Villa as I can get the train straight to Birmingham then work my way from there which means West Brom could be on the list, it all depends on the days + money also.

Oiseau

It depends on my living situation and on how well my exams go this Summer. I'm not sure how University commitments will work around being away or busy for every single Saturday/Sunday during the season what with home matches as well. For some reason I decided to sign up for challenging courses for next year so could potentially be very busy... I'll almost certainly (clashes, finances and timetables permitting) try my hardest to get to Arsenal, Chelsea, Reading and QPR. It also depends quite heavily on the fixture list because I'll probably go to most of the away matches during the Christmas holidays but probably not as many in the Autumn. I'd quite like to re-visit Newcastle, Wigan, Norwich and even Stoke but can't cast anything in stone.