watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League Best Value Season Tickets

Started by White Noise, May 22, 2012, 11:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Yes its the anti-scientists at Talksport again but we do a bit better in this table!!

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/120522/premier-leagues-best-value-season-ticket-full-table-revealed-172694

White Noise

Wigan chairman Whelan takes lead on cut-price Premier League seats

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 23:49, 22 May 2012 | UPDATED: 08:56, 23 May 2012

Comments (2)

Wigan and West Brom are leading the way as most Barclays Premier League clubs try to help fans beat the recession.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has slashed season-ticket prices by up to 13.5 per cent to persuade his supporters to stay loyal. It means home fans at the DW pay just £15.70 per game. West Brom have cut prices by up to 12.5 per cent.

But these two clubs are not alone, with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Stoke all freezing their  season-ticket prices for the 2012-13 season, which starts on August 18.

Fans favourite: Wigan chairman Dave Whelan

Only newly promoted Reading and West Ham are upping prices significantly across the board, though the most expensive season ticket remains a whopping £1,954 at Arsenal.

Queens Park Rangers have celebrated surviving on the final day by not putting up their season-ticket renewal prices.

And the west London club will let under eights watch league games in 2012-13 for free when accompanied by a full-paying adult.

Rangers chairman Tony Fernandes said: 'Next season promises to be equally as exciting - and we want you to be part of it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2148442/Wigan-Athletic-lead-Premier-League-season-ticket-prices.html#ixzz1vgFUMEgT

HatterDon

Quote from: White Noise on May 23, 2012, 09:44:23 AM
Wigan chairman Whelan takes lead on cut-price Premier League seats

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 23:49, 22 May 2012 | UPDATED: 08:56, 23 May 2012

Comments (2)

Wigan and West Brom are leading the way as most Barclays Premier League clubs try to help fans beat the recession.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has slashed season-ticket prices by up to 13.5 per cent to persuade his supporters to stay loyal. It means home fans at the DW pay just £15.70 per game. West Brom have cut prices by up to 12.5 per cent.

But these two clubs are not alone, with Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Stoke all freezing their  season-ticket prices for the 2012-13 season, which starts on August 18.

Fans favourite: Wigan chairman Dave Whelan

Only newly promoted Reading and West Ham are upping prices significantly across the board, though the most expensive season ticket remains a whopping £1,954 at Arsenal.

Queens Park Rangers have celebrated surviving on the final day by not putting up their season-ticket renewal prices.

And the west London club will let under eights watch league games in 2012-13 for free when accompanied by a full-paying adult.

Rangers chairman Tony Fernandes said: 'Next season promises to be equally as exciting - and we want you to be part of it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2148442/Wigan-Athletic-lead-Premier-League-season-ticket-prices.html#ixzz1vgFUMEgT

Well, of course he does. If he lowered the max ticket price to 50p he still couldn't sell out the "home" allocation.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

What a pile of useless stats. Typical of the daily mail going for sensationalism and creating a table with as big an average  price differential as possible. Basing average prices on the most expensive tickets is ridiculous and applies to a minority of fans of all clubs.

In our case it probably relates to no more than 2000 of 25,000 crowd,less than 10% which is probably the same or less for most clubs. How can you compare what the £1,954 Arsenal ticket holder gets for his money in way of parking, food, after match hospitality and access with what the £300 Wigan ticket holder gets for his money. Its not just about seat prices.

I do love the way they cover themselves by adding a faded small print footnote to the article. I did not notice the footnote but could not understand how Liverpool with a cheapest price of £725 could be £5 a game less than us.

Walsh

Quote from: White Noise on May 23, 2012, 09:44:23 AM

I would say Everton is the best price for the quality of Football.

Mr_Moon

Ours is £11.40 a point, £11.08 a goal.

It's all a rip off and unfortunately it's not just the Premier League that has extortionate prices. Clubs far down the football league, even non League clubs charge far higher than what it acceptable. I think I've paid £10 or £15 to watch 4th division sides before, £10 to watch conference and I think one of my local sides from back home is about £10 to watch in the Kent Prem/Ryman Prem. I know there is an argument that clubs 'have' to charge these prices but it's keeping casual punters and fans away from turning up to games.

With the majority of clubs reluctantly voting through the EPPP, English football is hideous and I hope the whole thing goes tits up.